*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428873-
Rated: E · Book · Action/Adventure · #1111428
Jamie, the new Superboy, helps residents of a community that is stricken by a hurricane.
#428873 added May 27, 2006 at 4:00pm
Restrictions: None
H U R R I C A N E G R E G O R Y– Part 32
Greg point up to the sky. “Well, hey, you can see the air masses clear as a bell, even at night, how they look like two fluids mixing together. Like if you poured milk into a glass of water without mixing the solution, how the two fluids interact. Can’t you see what I’m talking about?”

Jamie and Wes exchanged glances. Wes answered, “Well, Greggy, we can see the clouds but I don’t see what you’re talking about, do you Jamie?”

Jamie shook his head. “Not me. I don’t understand Greggy. What’re you saying? You mean you can SEE the air?”

Greggy, with just a trace of frustration answered, “Yes! I can see it clear as a bell! It’s transparent, but, still, it’s just as clear as can be, you can see how the air masses have different temperatures and pressure and how when they mix together the clouds mushroom out. I never saw that before; or at least I never noticed it until I got hit by that lightening strike but I’d just assumed you guys could see it to. I just thought it was just something that comes with these new powers.”

Wes shook his head. “No, Greggy. It’s not. It must be something different. Here, let me link my mind to yours if that’s OK. Then I can see what you’re seeing. And, if it’s OK, I’ll bring Jamie into the psychic link and he can see, too.”

Wesley did so and both he and Jamie were ogle-eyed.

“Whoa!” Jamie exclaimed, “I see what you mean. It’s kind of transparent, almost like a clear jelly but, well, I guess it’s like this all the time for you, huh, Greggy.”

Greg nodded. “Yeah, Jamie, pretty much. It’s almost like you can reach out and touch it. Not actually REACH out, but, well, you know what I mean.”

Unintentionally, but in perfect unison, both Jamie and Wes exclaimed, “No, Greggy, I DON’T know what you mean.”

All three boys laughed at that. Greggy said, well here, I’ll SHOW you want I mean. And then, with his mind, Greggy reached out and began to “herd” the air masses, separating them and channeling them away from each other and, by nothing more than his force of will, he equalized the temperature and pressure within the to colliding air masses.

Gradually, the heavy clouds dissipated and again the skies were clear. Thanks to Wesley’s psychic mind link with Greg, both he and Jamie saw it all. They stood transfixed.

It was Wesley who said to Greg in awe, “Dude, this is unbelievable! Wait’ll Dad hears about this. You can control the WEATHER, man. Nobody can do that… Nobody! But YOU, Greggy… You… just… DID!”

Jamie sniffed, “Darn it! Wes, you’re psychic and now Greggy, you’ve got the power to control the weather. Me? What’ve I got? I’m just the weak, little sister here.” Although he’d tried to sound miffed, the twinkle in his eyes betrayed him.

Wesley laughed. “Weak little sister? I don’t think so, yah big dumb lug!”

Greg laughed too. “Well, Wes, ‘lug’ I’ll grant you and maybe ‘dumb.’ But ‘big?’ Naw. Jaime’s a little sawed off dumb lug!”

All three boys laughed as Jamie mock punched Greggy’s right shoulder.

Greg laughed again. “Easy on the shoulder there, Mister Muscle Man! You might be a sawed off little runt, but that’s quite a wallop you got there! You’re the strongest kid in the Universe! Nobody can touch you, Jamie!” The three boys laughed again.

Wesley was thinking but keeping his thoughts to himself momentarily. Jamie picked up on it and asked. “A penny for your thoughts, Wes?”

Wes snapped out of his reverie. “We need a name for Greg and a costume to match; something about the weather, naturally. I’m thinking maybe, no, why not “Weather Boy,” that sounds like he’s the weather announcer on a kid radio or TV station.”

“How `bout ‘Rain-Boy’? Naw, that’s hokey, not that either.” Jamie pondered.

And then Wesley’s eyes lit up. ‘I’ve got it, ‘Storm Boy!’ And we’ll call you ‘Stormy’ for short. Like when we call Jamie ‘Supes’ or when y’all call me ‘Speedy.’”

Jamie cheered, “That’s great, Wes! Awesome!” He looked at Greg expectantly. “Well, Stormy, what do you think? Yah like it?”

Greg smiled at Jamie and Wes. “Yeah, I think I DO! I really think I do. ‘Storm Boy’ it is.”

The next morning, the three boys went to Lois.

Jamie made the pitch. Flashing his soft, baby blues looking up at here through his long eyelashes he asked, “Mom, could you make Greggy a super hero costume?”

Lois wasn’t in the least be surprised by the request. She had been expecting it. She’d made both Jamie’s and Wes’ and had fully expected to be asked to step up to the plate yet again. Before she left for work, she took all of Greg’s measurements. She would appropriate some Kryptonian materials from the Fortress of Solitude to fashion a super hero costume for Greg.

Greggy had requested that the suit be like a jumpsuit, similar to Wesley’s. His suit would be blue, with brown gloves, boots, and a mask. It would be form fitting, like Greg’s costume, but not skin tight like Jamie’s. Lois promised Greg she would have his costume ready by the time he returned from the Fortress after his first course of training with Clark, Jamie and Wesley.

The suit, fashioned from Kryptonian high tech super cloth would be virtually indestructible and would ‘grow’ along with Greg. The hi-tech Kryptonian logic circuits, woven into the fabric would ensure a wrinkle free, spot free perfect fit all the time. And no one but Greg would ever be able to don his ‘Storm Boy’ costume. The logic circuits in the super fabric would easily defeat anyone else’s attempt to do so.

* * *

To be continued


My website contains my works of science fiction and fantasy.

Check out my website at http://www.superfantasystories.com
© Copyright 2006 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/428873-