*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430206-To-the-Future
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #1110603
Snapshots and ventings. Welcome to the life of slaving over a ten-month-old boy.
#430206 added June 1, 2006 at 8:33pm
Restrictions: None
To the Future
I am feeling empowered today.

I don't feel like I accomplished anything done yesterday, and I had to work both jobs today - but despite all that, I feel GOOD.

Our finances are in order, we're NOT moving to Georgia (which we were comtemplating), I finally have a ring on my finger, and now it's time to plan.

I would like to plan a wedding, and I would also like to plan on going back to school. I know that with the way things are, my wish to be a stay-at-home mom is pretty much never going to happen. So, dealing with that and finally letting it go, I can embrace the other side, and actually get a job that not only pays the bills, but is something I enjoy. Which means that I have to go back to school so that I can get out of retail.

On the wedding front, I know that Matthew doesn't even want a wedding. If he had his way, we would grab a couple witnesses and go down to the courthouse. I've told him that it wouldn't be fair to me, who has never been married before. It's not that I want a large wedding, because I don't. I just want something to mark the occasion with. Is that too much to ask?

One last thought before I go: We turned Cameron's carseat to the forward-facing position yesterday. Granted, in Arizona the law states that a child must be a year old, regardless, before that can happen, but he's thirty inches long! He weighs almost twenty-four pounds! His legs couldn't even extend fully. We talked with his doctor, and she said that we did the right thing, that Cameron well surpasses the requirements for the carseat position. It just made me think about how much he is growing. Soon he'll be one year old! I really can't believe it; the time is going by so fast. I keep thinking that I'm going to blink and he'll be in kindergarten. One more, and he'll be a freshman in high school.

I suppose that's what having more children is for - to re-live those moments again:)

Hehe, we're still having that debate about to have more or not....

I'll win him over, just wait and see.

© Copyright 2006 Drina Kyle (UN: drina at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Drina Kyle has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/430206-To-the-Future