*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429616-So-You-Had-a-Bad-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#429616 added May 30, 2006 at 6:14pm
Restrictions: None
So You Had a Bad Day
The grumpy old woman is back. 'Back' being the appropriate word. Woke up at five this morning and thought I'd have to be crane lifted from my bed. As well as the rotary cuff injury I've developed a mystery muscle spasm in my lower back. I had to get up at six and have spent the day like a geriatric Quasimodo. Not very conducive to making preparations for a holiday on Saturday.

I've been to the doctors and now have more medication to pack than clothes and less money to change into Euros due to the cost of prescriptions. Our hospitals should be like five-star hotels the amount we're charged for a tiny pack of pills. But you know how I hate grumping. *Wink*

But I must just make a complaint about the weather. I'm reading blogs every day about glorious sunshine, high temperatures, outdoor activities and people even complaining how hot it is. Well, believe me, I can't remember the last time I even saw the sun. Day after day of rain, followed by grey skies and cold winds. This must be the worst May on record. And you know what? Come Saturday there'll be a heatwave. I know this because I'm going out the country seeking sunshine, so it's bound to arrive here. Okay, so that's enough grumping.

But I must just say how absolutely sick I am of this country's obsession with football. (soccer to you) For weeks now, the World Cup fever has been brewing. Flags fly from cars, windows, pubs and more and more television and radio is devoted to England's team, statistics, fixtures and colour of underwear. Living with two men, it's hard to escape and the prospect of a month of wall to wall football matches makes me want to emigrate. But it's time to stop grumping.

But I must add it's very annoying to think the glasses of wine I'm taking for medicinal purposes are so calorie packed they'll probably add ten pounds to my weight by morning. When you use a treadmill and know exactly how much effort it takes to burn up one single calorie, these sort of things play on your mind.

But frankly my dears, tonight I don't give a damn.



© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/429616-So-You-Had-a-Bad-Day