*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/439178-Court-In-The-Act
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#439178 added February 27, 2013 at 12:19pm
Restrictions: None
Court In The Act
Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, how do you find the defendant, hereby referred to as David McClain , guilty or not guilty of cheating in the first degree?

The case for the prosecution argues the smart-person questions were to be answered by individuals using their own problem-solving skills. Warning had been given to anyone who knew the answers to zip up. The three consecutive correct answers given by the defendant were obviously going to arouse suspicion.

The case for the defence points out that by Googling the questions, David McClain was using his initiative and not officially cheating. It has also been noted the defendant openly confessed his actions to the whole of Blogville, thus redeeming himself to some extent.

I ask you to adjourn to make your decision. Should you find the defendant not guilty, then he will be acquitted on all charges and free to continue writing witty blogs and leaving amusing comments on others.

If, on the other hand you find him guilty, then I shall expect you to hand out a suitable punishment. Maybe a sentence of twenty years reviewing the writing of ccstring would be appropriate.

The decision rests with you fine, upstanding citizens of Blogville.

Of course, the correct answer to the question of which animal was missing from the conference is...

'The elephant. The elephant is in the refrigeraTOR. You put him in there the day before.'

That question tests your memory.

Final question then...

'There is a river you must cross but it is used by crocodiles and you do not have a boat. How do you manage to cross it?'

It's okay, I'll just hang about whistling while you all rush off and Google it. *Wink*

Serves me right I suppose for trying to catch you smart folks out. In future I shall stick to questions that Tor/Google can't possibly know the answer to, like what colour are my pants and when did my mother last open her bowels. That'll teach you. Mind you, the way technology is evolving I suspect it won't be long until even those sort of details are available on the net.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/439178-Court-In-The-Act