*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440144-Blog-While-You-Can
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#440144 added July 12, 2006 at 9:39pm
Restrictions: None
Blog While You Can
Bill will be home soon, and I've spent the afternoon getting ready for my appointment with Washington State Unemployment tomorrow, showing them six months worth of diary entries about full time jobs I've applied for. Three a week is the requirement for receiving unemployment. I've been getting a partial check since working for hospice part time only. The letters they send out about these appointments are so threatening. "Your case is under review...etc....and you may have to pay back what you've received...." Then you're supposed to bring also your resume and do some job seeking activities while there when the interview is over. It's at 2:30, and I'm supposed to be at work at 3:30 at the latest on Thursday; but I missed the earlier appointment when we were in Indiana. Never mind that I called and told them I couldn't be there. Three letters later threatening to cut my benefits for not showing up seems a bit much.

So that's the main thing on my mind today.

Went to the grocery and was standing in line when the electricity went out. Had to wait about 20 minutes before the cash registers and scanners were back in service. While I stood there reading the trash magazines on the rack with a sensational story about a murder, I had a funny thought.

If a person intended to murder someone in a particular, say ritualistic way, but had a soft spot somewhere and didn't want the person to feel the pain so he'd give him lots of pain pills to knock him out first, would that be pre-medicated murder?

Maybe I should work that into a flash fiction story....

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440144-Blog-While-You-Can