*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440532-Bastille-Day
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#440532 added July 14, 2006 at 5:44pm
Restrictions: None
Bastille Day
TREASURE OF THE DAY

I will find you
withered as a crone's finger, wrinkled
and wise, written all over with red veins
like lines on a tiny scroll or rivers on a rolled map.

Excerpt from: "Invalid Item. I told Katya the Poet that this was "beautiful and well written. Should be submitted for publication. The imagery is great; the metaphor works. Most folks should know what a daylily is so the audience should be broad. Lots of nice alliteration with 'w', 'r', and 'l'.'

5,167 views

*Gift5*           SUMMER: 2 Kalimat (14 July)          *Gift5*



*Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3* Think cool *Cool*!


Weather where I am: 86º.
Weather in Missoula, Montana: 67º.
Weather in Marseille, France: 86º.


Le quartorze juillet and oh am I pissed! It took 15 minutes just to figure out the temp! After fighting with Yahoo and The Weather Channel, I finally got it at CNN. Yahoo had this 'sun' covering up the temp. What the hell is that about? I wanted the TEMP! I could tell you the sun was out by looking out the friggin window! They damn well better get it fixed by tomorrow ...

Yesterday it hit 96º here with a heat index of 116! So, I'm not doing much in the garden. Pulled some weeds and put the corn back up that had fallen down. There were thunderstorms all around last night but very little rain here. Still, the ground in the garden is muddy and I don't have the proper clothes and shoes to wear. So ... I'll wait until Monday when it is supposed to be close to 100º! Didn't say I was bright ... *Rolleyes*

Since it is Bastille Day (Fête de la Fédération):

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Depuis d'étudier français pour six ans en école et au collège, je le peux parler seulement un peu.

Couplets for Bastille Day

And the day is marked by the rolling of heads,
the words dying on lips: liberté! fraternité!

I celebrate this day with blueberry pie not cake,
my café au lait is sweet, the creamer: 'french vanilla'.

Yet I am but a waving flag: mes yeux sont bleus;
my skin is white; my blood is red.

Once farmers pounded with sabots to kill by sabotage;
today we use our nikes, running over others in our way.

And shouldn't the football team have used their brains,
instead of butting heads?

Perhaps in Paris, deep in sewers, the denizens
will teach their teenage rats Italian.

But I digress. Today's a day to sip champagne,
and sing La Marsaillaise.

And shout out liberté! égalité! fraternité!
and raise a pike for Zidane's head.
[163.253]

Concerning Freedom of the Press, according to Reporters without Borders, France ranks #30 out of 167 nations listed. Finland is #1; Korea #167. The index for France, Canada {#21}, and the United States (#44, sandwiched by Macedonia and Bolivia) has been slipping. The United Kindom (#24) has been steady. Other countries of note: Sweden (#8), USA-in-Iraq (#137), Phillipines (#139) and Zimbabwe (153).

IMAGES

Young sparrows on bare branches; men on bikes; leaf litter swirling about; shadows of the bank, of the trees, of waving flags; red-spotted vinca; in a locust, a yellow bellied bird (an oriole?) cleaning up the bugs.


I am puzzled ... lots of views yesterday but few comments? Could be that I said something that got googled and the public came to visit, still ... it would be nice if those who visit from WDC would *wave* hello and leave a short comment like: *Smile* or *Pthb*. Either will do *Laugh*.

I am sslloowwllyy reaching a goal of 100 "unique WDC member" visitors. I'm at 86. I'm also trying to reach out to more men. Tis been like pulling teeth! *Bigsmile* I have visited numerous blogs recently. Try to leave a message at all of them; but, I think I'm only doing about 90%.

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/440532-Bastille-Day