*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443773-Oops-my-bad
Rated: E · Book · Drama · #1116029
All entries written for the Daily Flash Fiction Contest
#443773 added October 2, 2009 at 1:27am
Restrictions: None
Oops, my bad!
Oops! My bad
28 July 2006


Hideous thunders flashed across the prussian skyline, away from a beautiful patch of dusk from the west. No doubt, it will soon rain. Yet, even after seven hours of waiting, he has not arrived.

Waiting wasn’t so bad in the first hour. I had plenty of accompanying fantasies. Once, he held my hand as we entered an Italian restaurant. Then, he kissed me over our dining table. And as we dined on the most delicious meal I ever had in my life, the violinist played soft, romantic music in our full view.

As the clock ticked and hours passed, my hopes diminished and my fantasies vanished. Concerns aroused and I remembered his promises to make today last forever. Flashes of him caught in a terrible accident appeared. I saw him hospitalized and placed on a life-support machine, waiting for me to unplug the cords and bid him goodbye. I also saw him kissing another woman in front of the cinema. He was caressing her the ways I wished he did to me and there I stood, fuming with jealousy.

My calls to his mobile remained unanswered and I found myself on the crossroad of decisions whether to leave and weep at home or to continue waiting and scold him for his impunctuality when he arrives.

While trying to decide, seven hours passed me by. The cars went passed me a zillion times. The traffic lights turned colours expectantly and I counted its total movement to kill my boredom.

Then, my phone finally rang:

“Jan, I can’t come tonight. Tomorrow?”

His suggestion threw me off-guard and I exposed my mean-girl personality to him, making myself a little less loved and a little more despised.

“What are you talking about? We were to meet dinner time, not lunch time!”

I blushed.
© Copyright 2009 Elycia Lee ☮ (UN: brontosaurus at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Elycia Lee ☮ has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/443773-Oops-my-bad