*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444026-Action-Jackson
Rated: E · Book · Emotional · #976801
Journal writings about my youngest son's journey with spina bifida
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#444026 added July 28, 2006 at 11:17pm
Restrictions: None
Action Jackson
Action Jackson is one of Jack's nicknames. Just some silly little thing we came up with. But that old adage, "What you say about your children will come true," is profound.

Jack loves to be on the go. It's so fun to watch him that I sometimes forget to chastise him for things like climbing on and standing in the middle of the kitchen table. He used to sit so contentedly in the stroller and watch our oldest daughter's soccer matches, now he yells, "I want get OUT!" at her softball games. At church, he is terrified of staying in the nursery, but won't sit still on our laps during the sermon. He loves the water and, at a zero depth entry pool, walked right in until the water started going over his mouth and nose. I pulled him back and put him down where it was knee-deep and he repeatedly went back to deep water. Ahhhh, life isn't going to be dull with this one around!

People continuously ask me how old he is after hearing us talking. Jackson and I, I mean. Just last week, while camping, we were waiting his turn for a pony ride and he kept demanding, "I want to ride horse!" and I would remind him he would have to wait his turn, whereupon he would cry out, "No!" Then, to distract him, I would ask him questions about birdies, Grandma, and swimming. The lady in front of us turned around and asked me how old he was. "Two?" she questioned. "No," I smiled at her, "He's only one." Her eyes widened and she looked at Jack again. "He's really talking well!" she exclaimed. I nodded and said, "Yes, it's actually a little sad. He's our last baby and it doesn't seem like he was a baby for long." He's really growing up.

(Right now, he's pulling on the door to his bedroom and yelling, "I don't want lock the door!" and "I want Mommy!" at 11:15pm. We've already held him and rocked him twice, so we're trying to wait it out.)

God bless you and your families!

© Copyright 2006 momoffour (UN: momoffour at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
momoffour has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444026-Action-Jackson