*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444952-A-lucky-find-my-mind
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#444952 added August 2, 2006 at 1:17am
Restrictions: None
A lucky find, my mind
“Hurrah! I found it again,” Wren said.

“You found what again?” asked Bernard.

“My mind, that one I like to use but keep misplacing.”

“Wherever did you find it, love? I need to know so I can help you when, er, if you lose it again.”

“Yes, you would rather appreciate that, now wouldn’t you? Well, I found it at the keyboard, and then some of it in the garden too. “

“You left it in two places? That sounds rather difficult.”

“No, silly. I didn’t leave it there; I found it there. Can you explain it to him, Rupert?”

“I doubt it, Wren, but I’m awfully glad you found it; and Bernard will be too, I’m sure, in the long run.”

“I’m not so sure of that, but I do hope so.”

“What are you two jabbering on about?” Bernard demanded, a little put out.

“Wren’s ‘right’ mind. Or maybe I should spell it ‘w-r-i-t-e.’ When she has it, she spends a lot of time writing, and we know that that annoys you,” Rupert said.

“It’s only that I never get any attention when she writes.”

“But on the other hand, she’s in such a good mood. That is better, isn’t it? For everyone?”

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/444952-A-lucky-find-my-mind