*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446175
Rated: 13+ · Book · Romance/Love · #1141293
Stories revolving four people who are in love...
#446175 added August 7, 2006 at 4:38am
Restrictions: None
I will be waiting for you_4
Aria was walking so quickly that she didn't hear Meg's frantic cries for her to slow down. Painstakingly, Meg ran up to her, trying to beat her in her long strides. As she got level with Aria, she quickly grabbed Aria's arm to stop her. She swung Aria around, and demanded, "What is it? Why are you so upset?"

After walking in such a quick pace, Aria had cooled down considerably. Her mind was now clear again. Aria silently sent a thankful prayer that her expression was now composed and controlled. Otherwise, Meg would have read everything like an open book from her face.

Neatly evading Meg's question, Aria fired her with a question of her own instead," What kind of a surprise is that?"

Clearly perplexed, Meg crossed her arm in defense," What do you mean? I was merely presenting you with an opportunity to work with Ryan."

Aria could feel blood rising to her face again,"Why would you do that?"

Linking their arms together, Meg started again down the corridor, pulling Aria along. She studied Aria's face silently before saying,"Have you forgotten already? You once said it would be invaluable to be able to see how Ryan works. It would be a great opportunity to work with him, and learn the way he organised stuff. When Ryan asked for my help in this, I saw it as a great opportunity for you to join in as well."

Aria did remember saying that, but that was before she realised Meg's feelings for Ryan. Now being able to work so close to him was not an opportunity, it was a catastrophe. How would she be able to pretend hating him for such a long duration?

Looking for a way out of it, Aria said, "But that was before I knew him for the person he really is. I don't want to be near him, he doesn't think very highly of me, and the feeling is mutual."

Shocked, Meg rised to Ryan's defense, "What? How could you say that? Ryan is a great friend and partner to work with. I thought the two of you got off well from the start."

Aria waved her hand, as if to brush such silly notion aside, "We are just not the type of people who could get along well."

Sighing, Meg rested her head on Aria's shoulder, "Talking about not getting along, you should see Ryan's brother's resentment for me."

"Who?" Aria asked, pleased that they have steered away from her problem.

"Ryan's brother, David. You've met him, he was there at the meeting just now."

That halted Aria's steps, making Meg bumped her side. Looking down at Meg with a bewildered expression, Aria said, "David? The photographer? They're brothers?"

Aria raked her memories for the guy named David she met moments before. She remembered messy dark hair and sturdy glasses. Definitely nothing at all that resembled Ryan.

Meg grinned, reveling in surprising her friend, "Not just brothers, but twins. Not identical, but fraternal anyway."

Aria gaped at her, "No way. They were nothing alike."

Smiling, Meg said, "True. They are as different as the pacific ocean and Sahara dessert. David runs in a different crowd, that's why you've never met him until now. He's more of the serious type, not that sociable. He's always playing around with his cameras, rarely involved with any school projects. If it was not for Ryan, he wouldn't even join our small committee. But like Ryan said, as long as David's there, there's no worries about the pictures."

Aria started when a thought struck her, "Was that why you volunteered to help him? Because he's Ryan's brother?"

Ruffling her golden locks sheepishly, Meg explained, "You see, David never liked me very much. I was just hoping for this chance to befriend him."

"And to maybe have him help you with Ryan," Aria filled in Meg's unspoken thoughts.

When Meg blushed hotly, Aria couldn't help but laugh out loud. As they continued walking arm in arm, Aria smiled in content, for the moment.
© Copyright 2006 goghvinci (UN: goghvinci at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
goghvinci has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446175