*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446461-A-Poll-for-Party-Erins-Challenge
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#446461 added August 15, 2006 at 10:50am
Restrictions: None
A Poll for Party; Erin's Challenge
6,022 views

         L'aura del campo           

SUMMER: 8 Kamal (8 August)

'é a lua,  é a lua,  na quintana dos mortos'
♣    Federico García Lorca    ♣

Look I did my first poll!

Party-dude (a.k.a. Ethel, Partylips, Moosepoopscooper) joked to me about looking at writing a column for newspapers in Montana. Well ... Lucy can joke with the best Ethel, but this is serious shit you're talking about. Not as easy as baking a 12 foot loaf of bread in the oven, y'know! Or singing Baa-baa-loo, like Dances-with-drums.

So, en serio, folks ... writing a column is a serious endeavor. It takes work. Where to submit it. How to pitch it. Weekly? Monthly? Daily? (Oh, I feel the kick in the shins for mentioning that!) *Laugh* And remember he is Party of 5 (as in three kids and a wife) and isn't trying to become Party of None.

So what do you-all think? The poll {now closed}:

[Linked Poll's access is restricted.]

████████ Sizzling? Think cool *Cool*! *Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3*
████████ Weather where I am: 76º and looking forward to 95º *Frown*
████████ Weather in Port Townsend, Washington this morning: 52º. Might reach 70º!
████████ Weather in The Phillipines: 81º tonight in ashy Legaspi.

Poor Lagaspi has been threatened by the local volcano. Still I couldn't help myself ...

Ashy, ashy daze,
wishing that the stars came out,
wishing that the gasses stop,
before the mountain blows ...

Argh, got the tune to "Starry, Starry Night" in my head, now. GET OUT! Help!


IMAGES

At the Kansas Mutual Aid Community Garden, this weekend past:

Butterfiles and birds; the singing of cicadas; marigolds and melons; cucumber hanging from a wire trellis; bright red rhubarb stems; sausage tomatoes not quite ready; angel trumpets; okra (staunch as oaks); echinacea; grassy paths; raised beds; fencedin with chicken wire (no chickens); broccoli with a bad attitude.

MY LIFE

What life? I spend it in front of a computer.

Don't you love sultry? She's viewer #6,000! Gotta go tell her!

Garden looked fairly good this morning, but the heat is on. Will hit mid 90s, with 103º possible tomorrow. I melt.

Yeller squash a-coming-in. Laud, sing whoo-hoo! Don't eat veggies. Don't like veggies. Unlessen dey soak in a butter soup. Den I slurps dem up. Yup ... eatin my microed buttered yeller squash.

Speaking about autumn ... didn't know that autumn is right around the corner did you? Well, one can pray and hope ... Tina brought in some shirts, sweaters, etcetera she is going to donate, but I got first dibs. Now I have 4 western style long sleeve shirts to blow everybody's image of me to shreds. (I like doing that on an irregular basis.) Green/khaki, blue/khaki, khaki/blue and red/blue. Boy, Autumn, I'm ready for you!

POETRY? YOU CALL THIS POETRY?

Digitigrade


Lion tries to sneak on toes,
dare Zebra sleep tonight?
Yes, Lion tries to sneak on by;
the zebra dare not sleep.
But Tulip is a down-home feller,
he digs his toes in deep,

and begs said Lion give approval
to his six red petals bright.
Yes, begs the lion's great approval
as the lion's prey takes flight!
[163.286]

A big thanks to pensive who gave us the word and made my head spin until the poem was written. Her entry: "Invalid Entry.

BLOGVILLE

Well, I visited pensive today and lo and behold, there was this neat little exercise by rose_shadow:

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open the book to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the next 3 sentences on your blog along with these instructions.
5. Don’t you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest.
6. Tag three people

Well, I grabbed a book, a romance novel *Sick*, and came up with this:

"For a brief moment Eada closed her eyes in resignation. It had been bound to happen, but why, oh why, now? Why the night before Mairin's wedding?"

from Enchantress Mine by Bertrice Small.

Now, Marin has just gotten her first flow of blood, marking her a woman. GREAT! I read mysteries and sci-fi-fantasy when I want to relax. Romances? Yuckers. But my friend Hub devours the *Laugh*. To each our own.

Erin's entry regarding this is found at: "Invalid Entry. I think it would be useful for writer's block. What do you think?


QUOTE OF THE DAY

And we are pissing on the ice caps, making oceans of lemonade.

Cary Strong et moi!

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/446461-A-Poll-for-Party-Erins-Challenge