*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
2
4
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/447887-Pluto-and-Charon-Shoeless-Party-Poll-results
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#447887 added August 15, 2006 at 1:59pm
Restrictions: None
Pluto and Charon, Shoeless. Party Poll results
6,712 views


█          L'aura del campo
█          SUMMER: 14 Kamal (14 August)
█          Weather outside: warm, humid, trying to rain.
█          Weather inside: lukewarm, limpid, lazy.

'é a lua,  é a lua,  na quintana dos mortos'          
~    Federico García Lorca


Is Pluto a planet?

Pluto and Charon dance around each other face to face in the Kuiper Belt a long cold ways from here. Is Pluto a planet? Are Pluto and Charon a couple like the Moon and Earth? And what about their moons, Nix and Hydra?

A bit of a story there ... Nyx (Nix in Egyptian) is the goddess of the Night, the mother of Charon who ferries the boat across the river Styx to the underworld ruled by Pluto. How Hydra-of-the-bad-hair-day fits into this I don't know ... Meet her and piss her off and I guess you're taking a ride with Charon. No one mentions what boat he can use when its c. -222ºC on the surface of Pluto, giving us the answer to the question, "Is Hell hot or cold?". Frozen, it seems. Charon is stuck out there in the void, stuck staring at Pluto straight in the face, looking stupid.

Oh well they both circle this third rate yellow star in a sparsely settled arm of a minor galaxy. And who are we to talk, sitting on this moldy orange, the third rock from the Sun?

Links:
http://www.nineplanets.org/pluto.html
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/060621_nix_hydra.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pluto

████████ Sizzling? Think cool *Cool*! *Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3*
████████ Temperature where I am: 73º this morning.
████████ Weather in Missoula, Montana: 53º
████████ Weather in Zimbabwe: 77º in Bulawayo @ 5 p.m.

IMAGES

Along Connecticut at dusk:

dark bulblets of lilies; sedum crawling past an ant; the incessent buzz of trees; yellow yarrow; brown tipped iris blades; wilting spider plant; pink mandevilla; slate grey clouds, the sun has set; hibiscus opening; an elm three feet across; cars rumbling by; white roses.

South Park:

pink roses by lamplight; song of the night, of the fountain; conversations on foot, passing on bikes; white mushrooms; white clover.

MY LIFE

Well, in entries over the next couple days I'll cover a death in the community and a short illness that will be TMI for many (it's a male thang ...).

Jeanne New Moon was hit by a train, 129 cars long on Saturday, August 12th. She was well known on the streets and in the community. Her death is causing ripples. No autopsy yet. The comments on-line in the local rag (a.k.a. the only newspaper in town), have been vicious.

As for having a bit of discomfort due to inflammation in the ... you'll just have to wait a couple days for me to write it up and get the nerve to post it! *Smile*

I get inspiration wherever I can find it. obwan made a reference to 'old shoes' and I started to write. I added in Western New York references as he is from there and I know the area well. The old roads like Route 33 were corduroy at one time (corduroy = split wood planks). Darien is a small town between Buffalo and Batavia on Route 33.

I use a play on words with soles/souls on purpose. I'm a Bahá'í and I believe Obwan is atheist, but hey, it's poetry!

POETRY? YOU CALL THIS POETRY?

Shoeless


From Batavia, along this path,
the pebbles hurt the soles of fools
who don't don shoes,
but where there's moss and mud, the toes
rejoice at freedom's squish.

This path I trod, so much like others,
have seen the horses' hooves, the
weight of oxen,
along the corduroy to Buffalo,
their destination.

I know this way past Darien.
I chose it long ago, each clod of dirt,
a face or name,
the ruts now overgrown. It comes to this
when dreams grow old,

when souls trod shoeless. [163.296]

BLOGVILLE

Well it is time to close the books on whether Party should become a famous Montanan columnist.

This is how the poll (now closed) read:

We have a dude here that blogs "Invalid Item with the best. partyof5dj has mentioned the idea of expanding his horizons by writing a column for rural Western Montana newspapers. At what level do you think he should devote himself to this endeavor? Weekly/monthly? Please feel free to email him with your deepest darkest thoughts on this subject *Bigsmile*.

To vote, please be familiar with Party Dudes writing and/or blog. Party is a VERY FUNNY guy, and this poll may seem humorous. But I'm dead serious. We all need each other's thoughtful truthful support:

There were a total of 26 votes out of 914 views:

4          Choice 1: Yes! Go for National exposure a la Prairie Home Companion.
3          Choice 2: Yes! All of Montana awaits you. Maybe Idaho, too?
8          Choice 3: Yes! But start regionally in Western small town Montana; build up a readership.
8          Choice 4: Yes! But choose one local paper. Feel the waters first. Then expand.
2          Choice 5: Yes. But I'm not sure what the best advice would be.
1          Choice 6: Maybe. Love your blog, but give it time.
0          Choice 7: Perhaps. Blog is fine, but work on your writing some more.
0          Choice 8: Nope. Not at this time.
0          Choice 9: Collecting Moose Poops would be a better option.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

Duckies everywhere, just floating. sniff Bobbing in perfect ducky harmony with the pretty-colored moose poop…up and down, up and down…it’s so beautiful. sob sob

Party, from his April 19th blog entry "Invalid Entry


© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Udon Thani (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Udon Thani has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/447887-Pluto-and-Charon-Shoeless-Party-Poll-results