*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/449365-The-Baby-Shower
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#449365 added August 20, 2006 at 10:20am
Restrictions: None
The Baby Shower
It has been a real busy week. I've been meaning to come back and finish my Bangle entry, but it's going to have to wait a little bit longer as I thought I'd share some Baby Shower stuff with you guys.

The Shower started at 12 because I knew I'd need to end the day early. Kristi, my SIL, picked up the balloons on the way in and brought the gifts for the games. That morning, Brent and I organized the house and put out all the baby decorations and set up the tables. Brent did the heavy lifting mind you.

We had chips to munch on and Brent picked up a catered lunch from Stonefire. We had BBQ tri tip, chicken, 2 big salads, breadsticks and 2 pizzas. We had approximately 20-30 guests and my cousins from home, Zach & Jordan and Zach's wife Karen came which was nice. It was good to see them again. Zach is in the marine corp stationed in Camp Pendleton.

We visited for a little bit and then ate lunch. Haha. Afterwards, for our first game, we did the Brent, Steph, & Andrew family quiz game. It was a nice opener. There were 10 questions about us. Brent's Aunt MaryAnn got the most right with 6.

Then we did cake:

** Image ID #1146608 Unavailable **


After cake, we did some more games like "Taste the Baby Food" and "Guess what's under the basket."

When that was finally done, we tackled the gifts.

** Image ID #1146611 Unavailable **


We got most of what we asked for which was a lifesaver. We got the stroller/car seat & extra car seat base, a microwave sterlizer for the bottles, a high chair, the bedding for the crib, lots of clothes, a bouncer, - and gift cards. There are still some items we need to get to polish off the emsemble and Brent and I will go on our next day off, 23 August to do that.

Afterwards, I had to go take a nap. Baby and I were wore out. Our "Pooh" favors were a big hit, but sadly, I didn't have much left over. Sigh... I need to still give some out and I hope I have enough.

For the most part, I thought it went well. It was a nice low key event, but then I caught a couple of comments about my character coffee mugs and Brent was no help - dogging me out for making coffee mugs about my story. Personally, I'm glad I missed most of THAT conversation, but I was saddened too. While Brent's improved somewhat after my RULES/LOVE LANGUAGES experiment, it was disheartening to have him (I don't know) make fun of the projects I do to inspire me. He won't be saying that when I finally get an agent to rep the work and I sell to a publisher. Then he'll be very excited. Haha. 2 face.

Gotta work today, but I have tomorrow off and another Dr's appt.

Hugs
Steph

© Copyright 2006 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/449365-The-Baby-Shower