*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450109-Go-to-Hell-and-take-me-with-you
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#450109 added August 23, 2006 at 1:49pm
Restrictions: None
Go to Hell! and take me with you.
After 7,000 views I've learned a thing or two: family and friends may read this but they won't tell and don't call and I've looked up the temperature in Hell, just in case I ever get to go there. 59º at 4 in the morning and cooler than here! Hmmm. Time to dial a travel agent? 1-800-33284 will do.

7,027 views

         L'aura del campo           

SUMMER: 3 'Asma (22 August)

'é a lua,  é a lua,  na quintana dos mortos'
♣    Federico García Lorca    ♣

Go to Hell!

And take me with you. Afterall, Miss Universe 1990, Mona Grudt, was from there. And on the way to Hell I could go visit AL , pickup an ox-load of horseshit, shake the bullshit off my shoes and enjoy the cool weather. Hell's not far from a vik (bay) and is somewhat cloudy at the moment, being Hell and all. But summer's pleasant; although it's been known to freeze over in the winter.

Links to Hell:

Where it is:
http://www.fallingrain.com/world/NO/10/Hell.html
Why you'd want to go there:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Norway

████████ Warm? Think cool *Cool*! *Snow1* *Snow2* *Snow3*
████████ Weather where I am: 73º at 9 p.m.
████████ Weather in Pittsburgh: 75º at 10 p.m..
████████ Weather in Hell: 59º at 4 in the morning.

IMAGES

At Aimeé's Coffeehouse:

Photos of Chile: volcanes, vacas y vaqueros; rustle of newspaper; deep voices asking for Gary; the grinder grinding; the tinkling of bells when the door opens; chess pieces falling on a table; soft music above the movement of fans; the floors, the walls, as before; new faces; Travis carrying a tray; two guitars (Stitch and Tracey) walking by.

MY LIFE

I watered the pumpkin and the squash. A third pumpkin is showing color now. The ground is dry so I flooded the peppers and eggplant too. Tomorrow the tomatoes get it! (if they behave) The forecast is sun, sun, sun! Are we having fun in the sun yet! Not. Well ... yes and no.

Picked yellow squash and some tomatoes. They'll need checking every day now. The peppers? I know they are lying in wait ... I don't trust them.

Read blogs, duh!

Not much accomplished, but not as down as I've been for two days. This morning though ... comatose ...

POETRY? YOU CALL THIS POETRY?

At the wake


Jeannie lay on the table,
quiet,
not quite herself.

She wasn't drunk
and her hands were steady,
her eyes gazed still.

If she had them still.

So little fits in a box
of grey ashes
sitting on a table in
Rumsey's parlor. [163.320]

Hello

We worked together,
as separate as peas could be,
the wall between us shimmered.
and gave our bosses pause;
co-workers snickered.

And though my face was never welcome,
he always said hello.

Then we lived as far apart as I
could flee; the web that bound
us fine as silk, thin filagree
strong thread that would not
let me go.

And though my voice was seldom welcome,
he always said hello.

I dream of other places, times.
I swear it's only sweat that stings my eyes,
and though he always says hello,
I'm never sure I'm welcome. [163.316]

BLOGVILLE

Well, the big news is the new feature where you go to pick up stray blogs. Seems now you can advertise just by coming up with a snappy intro. Four memorable lines and you're in with Bogie and Bacall. Yep. The spot light is yours! And it's free folks ... all free.

En serio, in writing the intro can be everything. Especially for novels and short stories. I'm sure most can get thru a bad haiku, but they don't stick around for 300 pages of blah *Yawn* and blech *Sick*.

Cruised around Blogville today, top down in my Miata and looking cool *Cool*! That was me in the red shirt that just drove by.

Visited: tavner , drifter46, silversara, Pia Veleno , TigersEye , ♥ The Maveric ♥ , In Your Dirtiest Pants , femmedragon, Nikola~Living the Dog Mom Life , Elwood∞ , Ric The Woolicane , Tigger thinks of Prancer , chyna_doll, among others!

Found some awesome entries:

tavner has wonderful perspective on childhood fears and how to help a child overcome them in: "Invalid Entry. AL had me rolling with "Invalid Entry which actually has some wisdom in it about the difference between hoseshit from horses and bull shit from people. Guess which REALLY annoys her *Smirk*! Mavis Moog mentions a jazz bagpipe player who just died in "Invalid Entry. Elwood∞ has a list of homespun sayings in "Invalid Entry. David McClain has an excellent memoir about Texas high school football "Invalid Entry. And I loved the humor in "Invalid Entry by Pia Veleno which is GC but worth it. Well ... maybe not for a man ... *Laugh*

And Piglet became my 7,000th view! I sent gps. Which I might not do again until 10,000. I'm working on that.

TREASURE OF THE DAY

I won´t give bullshitters the time of day anymore, I´ll just scrape their shit off my shoes, and avoid if I can, stepping in horse shit.

If I can´t avoid the horse shit, it can at least be turned into fertilizer, human bullshit can´t.

From "Invalid Entry in AL 's blog.


© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/450109-Go-to-Hell-and-take-me-with-you