*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/451417-dangerous-weather
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#451417 added August 29, 2006 at 7:23pm
Restrictions: None
dangerous weather
My CPR class the other night was cancelled because the instructor, who lives 40 miles north, had to evacuate her horses and livestock and her piano from her house in case the fire reached it. The fire has been out of control for a week in Eastern Washington, started by seven strikes of lightening. We are all praying for rain, without lightening.

Today, however, we have strong winds from the south, filled with smoke from other fires. The two possible advantages are that the big fire to the north may be pushed back to areas that are already burned, giving the firefighters a chance to control it. Also, the fire bombers can see where to go because the smoke is blowing away instead of filling the air.

*Balloon3* *Balloon3* *Balloon3*

QUINZAINE Strong Winds

Flags snap in the wicked wind.
Grassfires burn swiftly.
So much loss!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


HAIKU The Onion Fields

Rejected onions
Lie abandoned in the field,
Broken strands of pearls.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Idea* *Idea* *Idea* *Idea*


"Bernard, I've thought of something we can do next weekend."

"Something together, I hope," said Bernard, softly but with one eyebrow raised.

"Oh definitely together."

"Well, what is it?"

"Take down the kitchen wallpaper."

"(Sigh.)"

*Idea* *Idea* *Idea* *Idea*

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/451417-dangerous-weather