*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/452253-Second-Seasons
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#452253 added September 3, 2006 at 5:36pm
Restrictions: None
Second Seasons
So do you notice what is blooming for a second season, out of season, out of time? ... наг и безроден? The rains, the fires, the hurricanes affecting places where friends live. Not caught up yet reading blogs ... next lifetime? A cinquain for you to read (about a spider).

7,518 views

         L'aura del campo           

SUMMER: 14 'Asma (2 September)

'é a lua,  Ã© a lua,  na quintana dos mortos'
♣    Federico García Lorca    ♣

Second Seasons

The spirea that blooms in May is blooming once again and I'm reminded of the second seasons so many things experience. I've seem lilacs bloom in August, iris trying again before October's frost. The quince here tries to bloom in January; it's blooming now. One flower, two, as if winter will never come.

My sojourn here in the Midwest is a second season. My finances and housing situation have never been worse, but I write and that's a gift and being so far away from all I've known, from all my friends forces me to make amends with myself and seek new opportunities. What is it that is said about the Chinese symbol for change? My second season has brought about a change of wind and weather and showed me how few are truly friends.

Next time you walk outside, stop to see what's there. It's chirping from a nest where a sparrow has tried for one more batch, from cracks in the sidewalk where a marigold trampled throughout the summer has greened to the rain and dares to bloom at last. It's all around you. See what survives this season, what seeks a second chance and think of me.

████████ Rainy? Think sun *Cool*! *Smile* *Smile* *Smile*
████████ Weather where I am: 76º, in the afternoon.
████████ Weather in Columbus, Montana: 68º, they've had fires.
████████ Weather in West Seneca, New York: 55º and downpours.
████████ Weather in Puerto Limón, Costa Rica: 86º and tropical.

I like following the weather. Surprized? *Rolleyes*

I didn't realize how many hurricanes hit the Baja and how a few have even reached California and Arizona. Hurricane John is still causing grief in the Baja, so I thought this link would be of interest to SouthWest hurricane watchers:

http://bajainsider.com/weather/hurricanes/historic_hurricanes.htm

In the meantime, Montana has seen fires and Western New York is being flooded by the remnants of Ernesto.

IMAGES

In the bathtub:

Sore elbow; aching foot; scraping off dead skin with fingernails; a voice from the other side of the door, then silence; hum of the air-conditioner from the other room; no moves except the ripples in the tub; the smell of frankincense; white tiles, ivory light; a light in yonder window; the cooling water; the sweat of brow; the cleansing.

At the busstop looking east:

Cloud cotton moving towards me; faint lines above them looking like wrinkled wattles; red and blue of a K.U. banner; green parking sign; yellow tinted locust leaves; a man in red shorts; a red car at the corner; house siding, dull grey fish scales; grinding of bus and trucks; the sound of brakes; a red-shirted bicycle crossing; a man in a wide brimmed straw hat ... striding towards tomorrow.

MY LIFE

Saw Xoán García and Xosé Tenreiro, said hello to Emilia Barbosa, talked to María Alonso and Rocío Sanchez. Had a nice morning.

Met with Patricia Tomé who now has her doctorate (dissertation on food being an important aspect of retaining Cuban culture). She thinks I should tutor at $20/hour. I'd settle for $15 ... but, we'll see. There's paperwork, of course ... It would help. I'm not at the point where I need to count pennies, but I've been there recently enough.

I'm pooped and my writing has suffered this past week. Need to just sit, dream and write. Need to work up some ideas for 'A dotora morta' which translates as "the dead PhD" to honor Patricia somehow ... sound odd? Good! Because Patricia is too!

Saw Allyson and Jon at Tea Thursday and both commented at a missing poem: Tea-Tottering Time. I'll have to reinstate it by next week ... or else ... It is starting slow for me. Not as good as last year ...

On the 30th, I tallied my writing numbers and I am just 1 sketch over my goal of 326 for the year. I've slacked off. My notebooks have names of those who gave them to me. This red one, 1st Teresa, started on July 23rd is full. My next one, black, is called 6th James!

POETRY? YOU CALL THIS POETRY?

In the web above my bed

He begs:
one kiss, one bite.
After sex, his silence
wrapped in the glistening soft coccoon
of silk.
[163.331]

Foolish still

Time gives new tools to work with,
takes away the used ones.
Sun beating on my head,
once welcome
through the grey of winter,
now brings to hair a thinning dread.
Legs that once could walk for miles,
with pain remind me: not again!
Time screams:
do not pretend that you're still young
and foolish.
I know, I know,
I whisper gently,
I know I'm old; but know
I'm foolish still.
[163.270]

BLOGVILLE

Been going through the quiz list, reading blogs, leaving poo ... er ... comments and sending off gps. So, it's like this ... take my quiz and I will read your blog, leave comments and send gps. It tires me out, but I can't do any better than that.

My new quiz has 14 takers to date. "Invalid Item

Now back to more reading ...

I'll never think of runts the same way again after reading this entry "Invalid Entry by Stiggles . Some here are experiencing their own flavor of sadness, as in "An optimist’s lament, about the struggles of trying to get pregnant by vivacious . Is today your last day? How would you then approach every day if it were the last? Go to "Invalid Entry by PlannerDan for an excellent essay that may make you think. I told emmyloo that I don't like black olives, but then I've never been preggers, so what do I know? To Scarlett I gave this list of 5: rest, relax, read, refresh, write. She'll be at WDC less in September.

Now what else *Rolleyes*?

Like quizzes? Like movies? Try "Invalid Item by misskimmy. I got a whopping 52%, so most of you-folks ought to do better!

*Reading* READING *Reading*

Glück, Kooser, Elena Ignatova.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

- Вот - я, наг и безроден

from [So you too are coming back from the promised land], Elena Ignatova



© Copyright 2006 KÃ¥re Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
KÃ¥re Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/452253-Second-Seasons