*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453959-the-way-it-happens
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#453959 added September 11, 2006 at 12:10am
Restrictions: None
the way it happens
Aha, I figured it out, partly. The reason I so often fail to get my blog in before midnight EST, besides it being only 9 here on the West Coast, is this. I pull up my blog, and then I think, I should read some other blogs to comment on before I do this. Oops. Bad timing. I caught myself at it tonight though. Bill is watching the military channel, and so I was thinking I had some leisure time to read first. I'll get to it later.

*Flower1* *Flower2* *Flower1*

Suddenly I have things I want to write, and wallpaper I haven't finished peeling, and vines full of ripe tomatoes begging to be made into marinara. And the best peaches in the world for sale just a few blocks away, to do something important with, I'm sure.

I tried freezer jam, the 'light' kind made with half Splenda, and it didn't gel very much. I've heard from others though that peach is hard to get to gel anyway.

*Flower1* *Flower2* *Flower1*

Finished a lousy book today, one that had been a New York Times bestseller, Catherine Coulter's Blind Side. It's not one I would have bought, but it came in a box of books the kids had read and sent on, mostly ones for Bill. It's probably one Karen bought, billed as an FBI thriller. I did read it to the end, but that's about all I can say for it. I feel alternately discouraged and encouraged by this. If that's what editors want, they're not gonna like what I write. On the other hand, with a deputy sheriff and a stater in the family, I'd have plenty of good information for writing in that genre. And if I wrote it, I'd probably like it better: like a parent loves her children.

*Flower1* *Flower2* *Flower1*

Oops, gotta find a different excuse. I'm 10 minutes over again!


© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/453959-the-way-it-happens