*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455377-In-limbo
Rated: 13+ · Book · Animal · #1067322
Some thoughts on living and working in France and conversations with my sheep!
#455377 added September 17, 2006 at 9:22am
Restrictions: None
In limbo
My last entry was on 15th May it is now 17th September and I have been telling myself to get back to my blog for sometime.What has kept me silent for so long? Partly the feeling I had nothing much to say and a fairly life changing decision we took in April. We have put our farm on the market and are intending to retire to the house we bought last year. We had already decided last year not to have any lambs this year and in view of the weather we have had this year we are very relieved.

You might think that with less to do with the animals I would have more time for writng and other leisure activities. However when you put your house up for sale you suddenly become aware of all the jobs that need finishing!!! And you have to keep the place clean and tidy which has never been one of my favorite pastimes. This can leave you with the feeling of being in limbo. Having made the decision to leave then everything you do has that at the back of your mind. To date we had have plenty of interest for our little piece of heaven but no offers and I have come to realize that life cannot revolve around viewings and I made a conscious decision at the end of August to get back to normal.

I'm not totally sure what normal is anymore but I do know that it's very easy to get sucked into a downward spiral of inactivity when there are less constraints on how you spend your time. For this reason I have set myself a number of targets. One of these is to get my blog back on track, another is to do some more reviewing. I know from some of the blogs I read that I am very lucky in the life I lead although I to have my own family problems. I think you just have to get on with life as it presents itself. Making the most of every day is how I am trying to approach my life at the moment.

I expect to add a blog perhaps once a week with some reminiscences of my years as a sheep farmer and whatever is happening on the home front.

© Copyright 2006 esperaza (UN: sheepish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
esperaza has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/455377-In-limbo