*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457092-new-shows
by Wren
Rated: 13+ · Book · Biographical · #1096245
Just play: don't look at your hands!
#457092 added September 24, 2006 at 11:58pm
Restrictions: None
new shows
We have the prettiest vine growing in our yard, a heart-shaped leaf like a lilac bush, with a small, star-shaped bright purple flower with a bright yellow center. The blooms are mostly gone by now, and there are red berries on it. As a gardener I know said about dogwood trees, "What more could you want? Flowers, berries, beautiful leaves?"

But, I don't want this vine growing up the magnolia tree and all across the shrub bed, then up the clematis vines and encroaching upon the roses. It's an area of the yard I don't get to often enough, sort of out of sight, and the vines had really gotten away. I tend to let things grow when I think they're pretty, but the stems were quite woody by now. So I have a cramp up my back and side from pulling them out. Got out the old tube sock full of rice and heated it in the new microwave we got yesterday, and I'm sitting against it now while we watch the beginning of the new season.

We started up the VCR with the first season from Vicar of Dibbley, but then remembered "The Amazing Race" is on, and it's the beginning of "Desperate Housewives" at 9. Good old TIVO, we'll get it to watch later anyway if we change our minds. We could use some extra sleep tonight, but probably won't.

© Copyright 2006 Wren (UN: oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Wren has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/457092-new-shows