*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458080-Happy-Burpday-Son
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#458080 added September 29, 2006 at 12:53pm
Restrictions: None
Happy Burpday Son
It's a rather strange feeling not to have your child around on his burpday. But at least he phoned from Vietnam this morning so we could wish him a happy day.

He's feeling amazed to have reached a quarter of a century - how the hell does he think I feel? lol

The bus ride to Hue proved interesting apparently. As well as a group of backpackers and several locals, there was also a live chicken travelling on the bus. Reportedly better behaved than the rest of the passengers.

I'm feeling a little melancholy today and missing his fun-loving personality. It's only three weeks into their adventure too...sigh. It's been a very rainy day too which doesn't help and to top it off I've just heard my first firework of the season.

I hate this time of year. Not the autumn or the natural beauty of the season, not even the nights drawing in and the cold weather approaching. After all that is the way of the world and a natural process. No, it's the hype surrounding Halloween, Bonfire Night and inevitably Humbug time that gets to me. Already the shops are glistening, glittering and poising to begin the constant round of humbug music. I'd just like to escape somewhere and avoid it all. Be prepared for some serious grumping over the next three months. You lucky old things. *Wink*

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458080-Happy-Burpday-Son