*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458418-Fresh-Starts
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#458418 added March 11, 2013 at 1:13pm
Restrictions: None
Fresh Starts
As I predicted at the start of September, it was a very hectic and emotionally exhausting month. Some things weren't as bad as I thought they'd be, some things were worse. Some things I enjoyed more than I'd anticipated, others were a bit of a disappointment. But such is the way of life.

So a new month dawns and already I'm making unexpected appointments on my calendar. Life is what happens to us while we're busy making other plans for sure. Life too is full of surprises and I certainly had a few in September. One of them was an e-mail I received from David McClain regarding the Blogville Newsletter.

You may or may not know that David McClain has sadly decided to end his editorship of the Newsletter, due to unforseen circumstances. I for one was very upset to read this and I'm sure we'd all like to thank him for all the hard work he's put into this project.

I'm honoured that he has asked me to take over from him, but I have already told him I'm considering this a 'loan,' and hope the day will come when he feels ready and able to return to his rightful place as Editor. After all, it is his 'baby.'

In the meantime, I shall do my utmost to continue the Newsletter as long as people feel the need for it. I'm not a technological genius and hope I can call on some of you more techno wizards for help when I'm struggling. David McClain has already transferred the back issues of the Newsletter to my Portfolio and after a bit of a struggle, managed to kindly forward the template. There will be a need to alter some of the layout and I hope I can reach out for assistance with this. Suggestions have been made that maybe a group or forum should be set up in order to attract more readers, offer suggestions and store gift points. I'll look into these things in due course, but I'm a bit of a plodder so please bear with me. My experience in such matters is very limited but I hope to get there in the end. Slow but sure wins the race to quote a worn-out cliche.

I hope to be able to produce a Newsletter for October but as yet I have no idea how many problems I may bump into. I've already sent out requests to the writers I'd like to be included in the next issue. Some have responded positively and I thank them for that. From others I've had no reply as yet but I realise we all have busy lives and cannot live in WDC. However, without wishing to sound like Mrs Bossy Boots if I've heard nothing by the end of this week, I shall have to look elsewhere.

For the moment the Newsletter will continue pretty much as David McClain sets it out. Time is limited and I think the present format would be difficult to improve anyway. I already have the 'Featured Writer' sorted and look forward to receiving her wise and witty contribution.

'My little part of Blogville' will continue as long as I can find folk to contribute. I'm going to have to do some homework here as to where people live and what these places are like - I was always bottom of the class in Geography. *Blush* If you feel you live somewhere interesting, unusual or even downright awful and would be willing to write about it for the Newsletter PLEASE let me know.

Nada will of course continue her participation and I WUB her for that. I will continue my 'List of Five' as long as it doesn't all become too overwhelming. I don't want the Newsletter to be dominated by Scarlett so please support it as much as you can by contributing and making suggestions. No, not the rude sort. *Pthb* I'm considering a couple of new columns possibly in the future and would welcome any fresh ideas you have.

The Blogville News would never be the same without ccstring's 'Mr Know-it-all column', so again PLEASE send your queries about the weird and wonderful things you've always wanted to know the answers to and I'm sure he'll continue producing his brilliant contribution each month. I also sincerely hope zwisis will continue her wonderful 'Travelblogue' but I know we'll all understand if she feels she cannot manage it until she has less to contend with. Good luck with your move to Turkey lovely lady.

I have approached a member about taking over the 'Sneak Peek' column but as yet have not received a reply. Should this person decline PLEASE if anyone feels they'd like to tackle this part of the Newsletter, let me know. Failing that I shall have to bludgeon someone into doing something else - be afraid, be very afraid - I have certain folk in mind. Be nice to me or David McClain gets it. *Wink*

I intend keeping up the 'Blogger of the Month' as I believe it's a good way to highlight new bloggers and a positive way of encouragement. So PLEASE let me have your votes as soon as possible and remember you can vote for anyone - there is no exclusion to The Blogville News. However, I will make the same ruling as David McClain - you cannot vote for me. Now before you go snotting and crying all over the place, remember you had your chances to hand me the crown, but never took them. lol At least now you can vote for the ex-editor though.

So, I think that about covers it for the moment. Please support the Newsletter in what ever way you can and spread the news about it wherever you go. I'll be picking your brains that often you'll soon be yelling for David McClain to take it back. *Laugh* I'll do my best but doubt I'll reach the high standards set by him. Again, many thanks for all his efforts and may things improve for him very soon.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/458418-Fresh-Starts