*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/460121-Oh-So-Sunday-Again
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#460121 added October 8, 2006 at 3:23pm
Restrictions: None
Oh So Sunday Again
Thanks to all those who sent in votes for their favourite blogger after the reminder yesterday. I can tell you there are nine different members in the running, but I ain't telling you who they are *Pthb* So please, if you haven't yet voted, get round to it soon.

I sent Sarma a text message yesterday wishing her a safe flight home and received one in return to say she'd got her times mixed up and missed her flight. *Shock* Oh well, at least it gave her some extra time with the lovely Annice and all being well, she now has a flight home at ten tonight. I hope to see her again one day.

Last night I had a debate with hubby about visiting Australia next year when Paul is there. Apart from the long flight and the deprivation of nicotine I'd love to visit, but unlike our short breaks in Europe it would have to be for much longer than a week. Thereby lies the problem. Hubby's mother is 92 and amazingly independant still. She also has his brother and a grandaughter to help out with shopping and jobs.

On the other hand I have two elderly parents to care for and there is only myself to do their shopping, washing and cleaning, as well as the day to day things that crop up. How could I possibly leave them to fend for themselves for a month? It's unthinkable. Hubby seems to think I should approach Social Services for help, but I know they will only involve themselves if old people need aid in washing, dressing, toileting etc. As yet that is not a major problem, but there is no way they could cope without someone to shop, clean and sort out any problems that may arise and that person is me. They are also proud people and would not respond kindly if I suggested they needed outside help.

As well as feeling frazzled by the responsibility, I'm now wondering how on earth I can get to see my son and friends in Australia. People tell me I can't put my life on hold because of my parents, but what am I supposed to do? Like the Middle East it seems to me, there is no solution.

Oh well, mustn't complain...at least we finished the latest jigsaw today. What more can a gal ask for on a Sunday?




© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/460121-Oh-So-Sunday-Again