*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/460570-Brain-Fodder
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#460570 added March 12, 2013 at 1:46pm
Restrictions: None
Brain Fodder
After a marathon supermarket trip yesterday, delivering goods to my parents, a long overdue visit to the gym and a cooking session in the kitchen, I finally got to sign in to WDC. Cue for the brain cell to switch off. I found myself unable to think of a thing to write about or the ability to read or comment on a single blog. Although not particularly physically tired, I decided to call it a day and hit the sack.

What is it with brains? Or is it just mine? In the evenings, relaxed and with more time, what little is inside my head decides to act brain-dead. In the wee small hours, when the body just wants to carry on snoozing, the brain decides to put in some overtime and writes blog entries, novels and screenplays. Of course, by the time the body finally decides to shift itself out of bed, all that genius stuff has shifted off the mortal coil and is lost in the ether forever. That's my excuse anyway and I'm sticking to it. *Pthb*

Oddly enough, while I was scanning a magazine this morning I came across a few facts about brains that got me pondering -

1. Up to 80 per cent of all the information we take in is lost within 24 hours.

That explains why my night time hours of wisdom have vacated the premises by the time I get up

2. An average adult brain weighs three pounds and has the texture of a hard boiled egg.

I think someone used a faulty egg-timer when they created mine.

3. Short term memory holds information for between 10 and 20 seconds.

Where am I? What am I doing in here? Who are you? Who am I? What was I saying?

4. A 70-year-old woman still has about 97 per cent of the number of brain cells she had at 25.

Who is she? Where does she live? She obviously ran off with my share.

5. The brain is made up of 60 per cent fat.

That explains it then. I've been over-doing the diet and my brain's shrunk.




© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/460570-Brain-Fodder