*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465021-chapter4
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1168090
A young girl,a stranger,and her dreams of the past may have more in commen then she knows.
#465021 added October 29, 2006 at 12:57pm
Restrictions: None
chapter:4
With every step the old wood of the stairs seemed to creak"die already"I found myself sweating but not afraid as I reached the landing and looked down.It was obvious that at one point there was a loft attached to the stairs but obviously they are gone now.I took deep breathes as I stood at the edge and threw the rope around a beam that was above me.

"No one will find my body,and no one will care"I said to myself as I tied a noose and put it around my neck securely.

I looked up at the roof and spread my arms out as I lifted one leg out and over the edge of the landing making it so all I had to do was jump forward and it would all be over.I sighed and was surprised I was not crying or scared.

"Why should I care anymore?" I asked jumping forward as the barn door opened.

I was dangling in midair swinging to and fro grabbing at the noose which was around my throat gasping for air as I felt my own body weight pulling it tight around me.I looked down to see who had interrupted me and found a tall man standing underneath me.He had bright green eyes,long brown hair that went over his shoulders,and a smirk of pure delight.

"I'm sorry miss to interrupt but I do not permit suicide of young girls in my dwelling"I heard him say as I slowly felt my body go numb and everything grow dim.

Suddenly I heard only one creak of the stairs and heard a sharp rip of my rope as he threw a knife at it and jumped 10 feet off the landing to catch me as I fell.I was coughing uncontrollably as I pushed the noose off my neck gasping for air.I found myself shaking and my neck felt so raw and cold.He held me still in his arms staring at me as if I was a baby animal he had just lured to him.

"If you dont mind I would like for you to put me down and let me be on my way "I told him between coughs.

He laughed and gingerly put me down on my feet looking me up and down.

"Thank you kind sir" I said as I curtsied and fell down.

"Ha!ha!ha! no wonder you cant even kill yourself correctly.You cant even stand!"He laughed

I looked at him as if he was a lunatic as my eyes began to adjust and my sight was back.If he wasen't laughing at me so much I would of found him to be handsome..that is if he wasent laughing at me so much.He was bent over still taking joy from my attempt as I tried to ignore him and looked at the rope which he had cut.

"Can I even die correctly?"I asked myself as I felt my eyes begin to tear.

"Ha...ohh what's wrong?You are to young to have any reason to want to end your life before it has even begun"He said seriously.

I looked up at him then stood up weakly and turned to leave.There was no reason for me to stay and shame myself anymore.

"Let me guess a boy?..No wait you seem not to be so promiscuous..a man? your father perhaps?"He asked making me flinch when he said "father."

"Oh so your a daddies girl.What did he do?not give you the dress you wanted so badly?"He mocked.

I turned and looked him dead in the face angry that a total stranger would think I was anything like the girls who care for nothing but their pathetic looks.

"I will have you know that why I was here is none of your information, and that you could accuse me of being so naive as to end my life for a dress is not only rude, but unfounded, and stereotypical of girls my age.Now if you will excuse me I will get off your property in peace"I said annoyed turning again to leave.

© Copyright 2006 domonique bouty (UN: marzell at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
domonique bouty has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465021-chapter4