*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465547-Confused--Me-Too
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#465547 added October 31, 2006 at 11:56am
Restrictions: None
Confused? Me Too.
Okay, you say chili and I say chilli.

You say color and I say colour.

You say program and I say programme.

You say maneuver and I say manoeuvre.

You say aluminum and I say aluminium.

What I'd like to know is what you do with all those excess 'l's ''u's 'm's 'e's 'o's and 'i.s you remove from words? Do you store them somewhere to gain interest, trade them with other countries or just dump them on wasteland somewhere?

I do not mean to criticise/criticize or cause offence/offense in any way but am just fascinated by the marvellous/marvelous ways our languages differ. I realise/realize some of you may be sceptical/skeptical but in my defence/defense it was David McClain 's humourous/humorous entry yesterday which caused me to analyse/analyze these differences. I have no wish to start any arguements/arguments.

This morning I stuck my annual 'No trick or treat' notice on our door. I apologise/apologize to those who enjoy this event and hope you won't harbour/harbor any ill feeling, but in England the behaviour/behavior of our little dears isn't always honourable/honorable and can leave a nasty flavour/flavor in the mouth. The activities centre/center around causing hassle and for the elderly and sensitive are scary enough to give them the shits diarrhoea/diarrhea. Not my favourite/favorite time of the year as you may have already realised/realized. It sounds far more organised/organized on the other side of the pond.

Tomorrow I'll be travelling/traveling to my sisters and staying until Friday. I shall endeavour/endeavor to check in on WDC when I can but if I don't materialise/materialize as often as usual I'm sure you'll all realise/realize why.

Okay I better go and pack my pyjamas/pajamas, jewellery/jewelry, cheque/check book, grey/gray boots and woollen/woolen jumper/sweater. It's turned decidedly 'chily?' *Laugh*

And to those who celebrate and enjoy the day in it's more traditional way may I wish you happy Halloween or should that be Haloween? *Rolleyes*

© Copyright 2006 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/465547-Confused--Me-Too