*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/469583-Sweet-lies
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#469583 added November 18, 2006 at 10:17am
Restrictions: None
Sweet lies.
Short entry. Working on my novelette. Going to visit friends this evening. Got out of town, all the way to Topeka! Poem: Sweet lies. A link to a Treasured story about hemorrhoids.
10,818 views

** Image ID #1134109 Unavailable **

            L'aura del campo           

AUTUMN: 13 Qudrat (16 November)

'é a lua,  é a lua,  na quintana dos mortos'
♣    Federico García Lorca    ♣


*Idea* MY THOUGHTS

La Tristesse

It's November and the beginning of the season of sadness. When I went to Topeka this morning I realized that Krista was 25, the same age as Peter, whose birthday was November 2nd. The movie I saw last night reminded me of Peter too. And Thanksgiving most definately will.

Some people get under my skin. It isn't a matter of ever forgetting. That is not an option. I treated Peter as if he were my son. In many ways he was. Crazy and quirky, I couldn't have done better. He pushed buttons I didn't know I had.

Someday he'll call. Thanksgiving would be nice.

*Leaf4* WEATHER

*Leaf4* 37º dreary then sunny.
*Leaf4* 57º in Olean, New York.
*Leaf4* 45º in Chicago.
*Leaf3* 79º in Liberia, Costa Rica.
*Leaf3* 68º in Karachi, Pakistan at 5 am and smoky.

Costa Rica came up in conversation last night speaking to Rachel and Nathan.

Karachi is 90º and sunny all this coming week. *Smile*

*Leaf5* IMAGES

John's shock of bright hair; Jonathan's short dark curls; Ken's thinning pate; Joshua's short, dark, wavy; Nathan's light and limp (He's quarter Swede *Rolleyes*).

Red oak leaves; twigs on the ground; beer bottles; blue plastic cup.

Sunshine and the clear blue of sky; the hurt of sun in the eyes.

*Gift1* POULTRY

Sweet lies

Do you love my lies? Sweet lies
and the bittersweet of sharing them,
like cheap chocolate
left over after holidays,
or gifts recycled,
rewrapped and sent to keepers
of secrets who greet the truth
with lies.

Do you love my lies? Sweet lies
that allow you to sleep
snug in the ignorance
I choose not to question
with bittersweet truth, to spoil
the desserts of your day, week or life.

Sweet lies.
Do you love my lies?
Sweet crumbs,
left for the taking. [163.428]

*Worry* TREASURE OF THE DAY

"My parents didn’t have a lot of dinner parties while I was I growing up, and seldom were the guests as grand as this particular esteemed doctor-type dinner guest of the military persuasion. Proctology happened to be his specialty and he’d surgically removed hemorrhoids off some of the biggest asses around. He was very confident of his superior skills. His skills were in fact so superior that, until he could figure out a way to operate on himself, he was determined to just suffer his own hemorrhoids in silence."

To read more go to "Invalid Entry, Special Kay 's wonderfully hilarious blog-story (she manages to work in the image of sink-as-bidet ... *Laugh*) I highly suggest a read, but don't be drinking pepsi while you read it or you may understand Tor's response! Oh ... and leave a comment.

*Gift5* MY LIFE

Wednesday: went to Sara's and watched Transamerica with Josh, Rachel, Nathan et al. I was surprized because although I knew the main plot, I didn't know all the subtleties re the character of Toby (Kevin Zegers) that really reminded me of Peter.

Thursday: went to Topeka with Krista. First time out of town in over 19 months. Hugged a sycamore. Had chocolate milk for breakfast and a mint malt for lunch, hot cocoa at Tea; a Symphony bar of chocolate later.

*Bigsmile* QUOTES

from Ariana-Sophia M Kartsonis in Intaglio:

- tell your circusy self a word in the hand
is worth two if by see-if-I-care.

- let's pinkie promise never to part

- each star toasting the others
each other toasting the stars

BLOGVILLE

Hard to begin sadly and end in sadness, but those of you who know David McClain need to read his entry: "Invalid Entry.

** Image ID #1134108 Unavailable **
 Kåre *Gift5* Enga

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/469583-Sweet-lies