*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471101-Dang-Rufus
Rated: 18+ · Book · Biographical · #1031855
Closed for business, but be sure to check out my new place!
#471101 added November 25, 2006 at 10:42am
Restrictions: None
Dang Rufus
I'm . . . trying . . . to . . . type an . . . entry, but


Rufus

                                                 keeps nudging

                                                                               my arm for attention!

Dave's playing a video game, so I'm it for her favorite toy this morning.

Oh, she just left to beg from Dave for a while. Whew! I better write this quick before she comes back!

We have hardwood floors in the living room where I also have my computer desk. Rufus's favorite game is tug-of-war with one of those knotted rope toys.

She's so funny about it. She'll bring me the rope and try to shove it in my hand to grab it. Then she'll pull. Since my chair is on wheels I'll put my feet up and let her drag me around the room. Don't know why, but it always makes me giggle. Then, when I'm shoved against the couch or the wall, I'll drag her back to my desk, and we'll start all over. I also like to let her have it then hold my hands out like I'm ready to grab the rope back. Her tail wags like mad and she gets this anticipatory gleam in her eye. Then I'll jerk like I'm about to grab the rope, and she'll jerk back, realize I didn't grab it, and try once again to shove the rope back into my hand. For some reason, that also makes me giggle.

One thing about long weekends is boy does it screw up my inner calendar. I thought for at least two hours this morning I needed to get up soon to go to church thinking it was Sunday and not Saturday!

Better than the other way around, I suppose.

Anyway, I better go and play with my dog some more. Happy weekend!

© Copyright 2006 vivacious (UN: amarq at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
vivacious has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/471101-Dang-Rufus