*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472205-Lazy-entry-Got-any-Lychee-bubble-tea-for-me
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#472205 added December 7, 2006 at 11:30am
Restrictions: None
Lazy entry. Got any Lychee bubble tea for me?
L'aura del campo

AUTUMN?: 8 Qawl (30 November) 18º and snowing.

'é a lua, é a lua, na quintana dos mortos'
♣ Federico García Lorca ♣

Not in the mood to do a long fancy entry today.

I managed to get off books to my friend Gary yesterday that I bought for his son in anticipation of his 2nd birthday. The kid is over 4 now! They are Cherokee Stories retold by Deborah Duvall and illustrated by Merv Jacobs. I sent the first 4 books by snail-mail/book rate.

Mixed up my days. Had a reception (for our new Kansas Poet Laureat, Denise Low) to go to yesterday that was cancelled by the weather. It was sleeting and slippery, the first winter weather we have had. Then I forgot to go over to Sarah's for a movie. Today I thought it was Wednesday for some reason. Argh. Old age bites. Life is becoming a bowl of prune pits.

Moldy ones.

Blogging was off across WDC-land over the holidays. I had over 1,200 views in the month of November but maybe 100 comments. I'm sure others are experiencing the same. 11,196 views on this bloggity-blog at the moment!

Still writing ... still journaling (page 1,155; 3 years on the 9th of December).

Guys next to me are working on a project for their class on Slavic Folk Art. They are focusing on Polish arts like paper-cutting and egg painting.

I'm bored. Would like it to stay that way. It won't.

So football players make lots of money? Not when they get their pension according to Jim Brown. Some are even homeless:

Robinson: There have been some voices from past eras in the NFL that have been disappointed with the pensions doled out to former players, particularly when it comes to the mounting medical bills that exist largely in relation to their playing days. What do you think about the pension issues?
Brown: The NFL pension is the worst in the world of business. It's an embarrassment. No, I don't think there should be better pensions. I know there should be. It's an embarrassment and it's unfair. It's a shame. There are some players that make $120 a month. I don't care what the conditions are. No player should be making $120 a month off the pension plan.

from:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-brown112906&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

And they found a stone python believed to be over 50,000 years old in Southern Africa:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20061130/sc_livescience/startlingdiscoveryth...

I may start looking like a prune, but I'll never be THAT old!

Working on those "roses arn't red" ditties like:

Roses bled red, violets coal black,
momma turned blue when daddy came back!
Took out her hammer, gave him ten whacks. [163.444d]

I have to send in 20 pages of poems to Chatham College ... should I send that one?

Yep. Started to fill out the on-line form to get admitted to Chatham in Pittsburgh. Got recommendation form to Prof. Mary Klayder today. Gotta go get a transcript sent too.

"... cheese and some kind of murdered flesh ..." overheard at Aimée's Café. Gary Strong is vegetarian; his wife Eileen isn't.

Dana took me to Indo, an Indonesian restaurant and I had bubble tea for the first time. I got cold lychee with black-pearl tapioca. It was awesome.

Dying

How do the Good face dying
when they hear us beg them to stay?

Why do the Bad keep lying
when they know they're going away?

How do we-all keep striving
choose good, and not go astray?

Now, on the eve of dying,
when we fear our judgement day. [163.447]


** Image ID #1134108 Unavailable **
 Kare *Leaf2* Enga

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472205-Lazy-entry-Got-any-Lychee-bubble-tea-for-me