*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472527-Do-you-ever-feel-as-though-working-hard-does-not-pay-off
by Aradne
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1010479
Not interesting at all. Just like me.
#472527 added December 2, 2006 at 3:22am
Restrictions: None
Do you ever feel as though working hard does not pay off?
In my heart, I know that the richer person is the person who is an honest worker... But sometimes I don't remember as well as others. I'm tired of working in a place where the lazy and the hardworking are treated, rewarded and punished as a group, and all of the above are facilitated by the hardworkers.

Why? Well, partly because it's irritating and frustrating, but mostly: It's training me to be a slacker because as a slacker I'm treated the same way as if I acted otherwise.

I used to be (and usually still am) a hardworker. I'm a bit of a slow worker, because I'm not racing the clock to get out of there, but I'm never doing nothing.

There's not much to be done about it now. Just know that I used to be very attached to my job, and I wanted the best for the entity that is Late-Nite. Now.... that's not so true anymore.

© Copyright 2006 Aradne (UN: ilianna at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aradne has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/472527-Do-you-ever-feel-as-though-working-hard-does-not-pay-off