*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473224-Moonshine-and-Happy-Feet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#473224 added December 5, 2006 at 12:42pm
Restrictions: None
Moonshine and Happy Feet
I want to talk about moonshine today.
Well, my moonshine is not the drink moonshine, but the bright moon last night.

Did any of you guys noticed that it was full moon last night? The bright moon was shining so great, it was like daylight.

So unbelievably beautiful! For a couple times, when I looked outside the window, I thought it was snowing because the ground was completely white, and sparkling.

In Chinese Mythology, it was nights like this that all the creatures come out and bow to the moon. The wolf, the fox, the rabbits, the snakes. All of them would come out, bow to the bright moon, and suck in all the essence of the moon. In that way, they can prolong their lives, and in a few hundred years, if they were still alive, then they can transform themselves into human forms. Thus was born all the interesting stories of fox spirits among the humans.

I never thought that was possible until last night. If the night was not so cold, it made me want to go out and bath in the moonlight as well.

(he he, not naked like all the other creatures, of course. )

I searched outside for some time, trying to find at least a rabbit or something that was at least sitting on the lawn or something. But nothing, nothing at all. I was kind of disappointed, until I thought, if they were going to do something like that, they would definitely find some good top spots, away from everyone else, not in front of some stupid human's house. That thought actually cheered me up.

Speaking about stupid human, I went to watch "Happy Feet" with my daughter last weekend. The movie was OK, the special effects was great! I will highly recommende you to see it, just don't take the kids. *Bigsmile*

Any movie with Robin Williams in it is at least OK. He was so funny. But I don't think my daughter got any of his jokes. She was still too young for it.

Then near at the end of the movie, it went on a twist. The penguins did not have enough fish was because humans overfish in the ocean. And Mumble the penguin finally was able to communicate with the humans because he can tap dance. He brought awareness to the humans, and give all the penguins a better future.

My daughter did not really understand the message. And it just gives me a heavy heart.

Did the movie try too hard to lay a heavy burden on the young minds?
Did the movie paint too rosy a picture of human's selfish nature? How many of us really care about other people in the other parts of the world, let alone some struggling wild life?

Saddness and silence followed me home.

© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473224-Moonshine-and-Happy-Feet