*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473249-More-on-Happy-Feet
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#473249 added December 5, 2006 at 3:14pm
Restrictions: None
More on Happy Feet
Thanks to zwisis 's comments below, I'd like to add another blog on the film. Or rather on the message itself.

"Perhaps your daughter is too young to understand the message? I think the message is probably there, but for a youngster it's quite a heavy message. A heavy burden, perhaps, but it's a realistic problem in the world now. All we can do is hope that in time this kind of message does indeed make a difference, and future generations will start to care. "

I believe Sarah is right. The message is there, and it is staying. Even in all the recent children's films, from "Ice Age" to "Madgascar" to "Over the Hedge" to "Happy Feet". A new generation of people are looking at the world from another view. The point of view is based on the animals, the nature, the silent partners we share with earth.

Instead of the radical movement in decades earlier ranging from spilling blood to people's fur coat to free minks from the farm (which by the way was totally stupid. The minks destroyed the local wildlife.), the new generation has the more mature and gentle approach. Present the problem, present the problem from the other side of the view, show it to the youngsters, and let them think it over, and maybe in the future, when they grow up, they will focus and solve the problems that we, the elders cannot.

If we can live in harmony with nature, then we can live in harmony with each other.

Bah! Who am I kidding? For thousands of years, Confucian tried in China, Buddah tried in India, Jesus tried in Israel, Mohammedan tried with Islam, and all we got for show was the "Jerry Springer Show". How is that for harmony?

But then of course, they don't have access to TV and Internet.

So ... What do you think? Should I drink some eggnog and hit the delete key and call it a day?

© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473249-More-on-Happy-Feet