*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473449-The-Porterhouse-Steak
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1101898
For every dark cloud, there is a silver lining. Does anyone has change for mine?
#473449 added December 6, 2006 at 2:58pm
Restrictions: None
The Porterhouse Steak
For those of you have not visited partyof5dj 's blog, please do so ... after reading mine.

His view on Christmas is a lot more funnier than my blog, so ...
damn you PartyDude! *Angry*

If you had already read it, please skip mine, because ... his is a lot more funnier than mine. damn you PartyDude! *Angry*

I just had my 34th birthday last Sunday.
And I just realized that last night. It was not like I did not like the cake my wife bought, or the high pitched singing of my daughter, and high pitched shrilling of my son, it just did not hit me until last night.

So I told my wife this morning, "I am 34 now." She was busy making breakfast for the kids, "Yeah? ... How do you feel?"

I shrugged, "I feel like a porterhouse steak, aged to perfection."

My wife disappeared, and I can hear a cackling sound, little bit like laughter, but mostly like someone was trying to strangle a cat coming from under the table.

I had to calm down all the kids, and told them, "No, Mommy is not mad. She ... well, she just got tickled."

Ok, now, before any of you wish me "Happy Birthday", I must tell you, DON'T.

And to any of you tried to do that against my wish, remember this, I have a keyboard, and I know your address ... at WDC!
*Smirk*

Just saw a Chinese TV show that interviewed a middle aged man who was talking about his generation of Chinese musicians.

To both my wife and I's surprise, we know all of those musicians, and we love those songs. We looked at each other, and finally find the middle aged man was talking about OUR generation.

He is much too old to be our generation. Look at all the wringles on his face. Look at his grey hair! He is like my dad's age!

Now, when did that happen? My thoughts were still kind of stuck on high school with my wife, and it was WOW, 16 years ago.

I think it hit my wife harder than me. Because ... well, I consider myself ... COUGH COUGH ... aged to perfection.

When we were dating, my wife always thought I was too much like an old man, too quiet, too serious, without the fire and spark of a stupid youth.

At that time, I had nothing to say. But it seems like in 20 years, my age finally caught up with my heart.

So, please excuse me while I am being smug and
"Happy Birthday to me!"

© Copyright 2006 JoshCham (UN: joshcham at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JoshCham has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/473449-The-Porterhouse-Steak