*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474488-Busy-as-a-Bee
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#474488 added December 11, 2006 at 4:15pm
Restrictions: None
Busy as a Bee
Well, last week flew by. My friends, Idgy & her husband Chris, flew in from NH and arrived Friday night. The last time Andrew had seen them he was a baby so it was nice for me to have him really "meet" them. They are his godparents and I want him to have a good relationship with him. Well, Andrew almost immediately appropriated his Uncle Chris and spent a good chunk of time showing him his train set that night.

Sat. morning, Andrew and baked cookies for Sunday. After I did a few errands, we headed off to my work so Andrew could see Santa Claus. Every year my work sponsers a children's christmas party and I like to take Andrew. He jumped in the jumper straight for an hour! Joseph slept for the most part. Unfortunately, when we arrived we were told Santa wasn't coming until 3! I was pissed. Santa never comes at 3! Well, Idgy & Chris went for a drink and I waited around. Santa arrived in a police sleigh around 2:30 which was nice. We were out of there around 3:20.

That night the grandparents watched the boys while Idgy, Chris & I went to Le Chiene, the French restaurant in the area. We had a nice dinner. I ordered the prime rib, but boy, was it HUGE. I had to take it home. Brent was working so he couldn't come. It was his last working day before taking 4 months bonding leave.

Sunday went pretty smoothly. We all went to church and then afterwards, Andrew & I went home and I changed him into his nice suit. Then we caught up with Andrea & Kevin, Joseph's godparents and we went to the church.

If anything, I was a little disappointed with the baptism. I thought the priest kind of rushed it. It seemed very impersonable. We did get some nice pictures and Joseph fussed a little (Not as much as Andrew did at his) Surprisingly, when they poured the water on Joseph he quieted down.

Afterwards the party at the house was fun. All the food pretty much went and Idgy's house wine was a big hit. *Smile*

Now, I'm trying to print pics and catch up from the weekend. Tomorrow is my first day back at work. I'm a little bummed but there is an upside. I finally get a little "Me" time. *Bigsmile*



© Copyright 2006 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474488-Busy-as-a-Bee