*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474654-It-Never-Rains-But-it-Pours
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#474654 added March 15, 2013 at 5:10am
Restrictions: None
It Never Rains But it Pours
Apologies if I haven't read and commented on your recent blogs but Murphy and Sod have decided to bring me a little more Humbug cheer.

Last weekend my very expensive Boss spectacles decided to break so I've been struggling with a weaker, old pair while necessary repairs take place. This means slow reading through screwed-up eyes and probably a few typos into the bargain.

Yesterday when we returned from the gym, we discovered our internet server was down. Enquiries led to the admission that for some reason the company had cut off our Broadband connection. No one could offer any explanation as to why and despite profuse apologies on their behalf they informed us we were in a queue to be reconnected with a 24 hour wait.

Hence I spent last night fuming while straining to watch a DVD on this rather dark monitor in the spare room to avoid an evening of sport on hubby's television. *Pthb* I wish I hadn't. The film was 'Turner and Hooch' and much as I love Tom Hanks, the ending did little to lift my already dampened spirits. *Cry*

Anyway, that's left me way behind on WDC with little time to catch up. On top of that my old keyboard has decided to play silly buggers. It's bad enough normally as half the letters on the keys have worn away with use and I'm not a touch typist to put it mildly. Now, it's decided not to add some letters, including all the vowels and the space bar unless I hit them with the force of a cast iron hammer. I've lost most of my nails and have bruises on the ends of most of my fwinkers as a result.

So if my comments on your blogs are missing or full of typos it's not because I hit the bottle too hard, just down to a few more irritating events on this joyous road we call life.

I'm beginning to wonder just how many robins I killed in my last life. Still, things could be worse, but I won't tempt fate by saying it too often. Grump over.

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474654-It-Never-Rains-But-it-Pours