*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474775-Falling-Short
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#474775 added December 12, 2006 at 11:35pm
Restrictions: None
Falling Short
2 Masa’il 163 B.E. - December 12, 2006 at 8:22:47 PM PST

"Invalid Item "Invalid Entry

“It seemed like a good idea at the time” to quote an American saying and myself on a number of occasions. I’m surprised I survived my childhood and youth, with all my limbs in tact and alive. Now don’t get me wrong, I do have my fears, but what I’m afraid of spiders. Which means that if it looks like something that’s fun, I’ll do it without considering the consequences or any possible danger. Let me see, what I have already written about in this journal, before going on to something new.

Shutting myself in a refrigerator during a game of hid-and-seek
Playing Jane while trying to swing on a wire with a sharp edge

My only excuse for those incidents is “It seemed like a good idea at the time!” Come to think of it, that’s my excuse for everything that happens to me which turns out to be not such a good idea. I’m still using the excuse, but I have learned a few things as a results of my good ideas at the time.

When I ran the red light, or was it pushed a yellow light, last year “It seemed like a good idea at the time!”. However, let me list some of my more harebrained and painful experiences before going on to stuff that, while it wasn’t dangers or painful, was at very best not well thought out.

Springing both my ankles because I got out of a truck without checked to see if the truck was parked next to a ditch. Now if the truck wasn’t parked next to that ditch six day out of seven, my mistake would be understandable. However, under the circumstances, my inattention to the small details of parked trucks is inexcusable.

Now let’s go to something that could very well have killed me or at least maimed me for life. Roam-n-candles, I was one of those people who held the candles in their hand while they shot their rainbow colored charges.

Then there was the incident with the Siamese Cat, Jay, and the fake pearl necklace. I thought that he, Jay, would look nice in one of my necklaces, so I caught the cat. Jay didn’t mind me catching he and enjoyed me cuddling him. However, when I went to put the necklace on he through a fit, not hissy fit, but a claws unsheathed fit. He drew blood from me and broke the necklace. Obviously putting a necklace on the cat wasn’t such a good idea after all.

It Seemed Like a Good Idea at the Time


It seemed like a good idea at the time!
American Saying


It seemed like a good idea at the time!
Though in retrospect, it probably wasn’t.

Still, it seemed like a good idea at the time!
Events took on a life of their own;
Each act was magnified and focused by doubt;
Minor flaws became major mistakes;
Everything disintegrated into a pile of ashes,
Destroying in an instant the entire project.

Looking back: It seemed like a good idea at the time!
If the present knowledge were possessed then;
Knowledge would have prevented the “crime”
Events would have turned out quite differently if …

Although, it seemed like a good idea at the time!
         In retrospect, it probably wasn’t.

Guys! It seemed like a good idea at the time!
Obsessed with completing the project on schedule;
Obvious errors were overlooked,
Destroying any hope of final success.

It seemed like a good idea at the time!
Departure would have been much better than failure;
Each action was based on faulty assumptions;
All the time spent planning was completely wasted.

Although, it seemed like a good idea at the time!
Things go suddenly out of hand.

Though it seemed like a good idea at the time!
History proves this whole project a waste;
Events should have been handled quite differently.

Though it seemed like a good idea at the time!
In retrospect it probably wasn’t;
Mistakes should not have been allowed to occur;
Errors should never have been permitted.

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474775-Falling-Short