*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474863-The-Coffee-Pot
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#474863 added December 13, 2006 at 9:02am
Restrictions: None
The Coffee Pot
2 Masa’il 163 B.E. - December 13, 2006

The coffee pot Mom uses to make coffee is one year old. My brother (the one in California) sent it to us 2005 as a Chanukah gift. It’s a percolator not a drip, so when coffee is poured into a cup you get grounds in the bottom of the cup. I like this, it brings back memories of my childhood. Grandpa Newland was a coffee drinker; he made coffee of a morning and kept a hot pot in the kitchen all day.

Grandpa used a percolator because they didn’t have drip pots at the time. The reason I know drip coffee makers weren’t on the market then, is because Grandpa didn’t have one. If they had been on the market, he would have bought one. Grandpa liked to use new technological items. When tractors first came out, he bought the first one in the area where he farmed. When T.V. came out, he had one. The only thing he wasn’t the first person in his area to have was an automobile and that’s because the first person to have a car was the local doctor.

Getting back to the coffee pot, when you pour coffee from it a few grounds get into the bottom of the cup. If you don’t get the lid on properly then you get more grounds in the cup, but no matter how well the lid is on you still get a few grounds in the bottom of the cup. That’s how I learned to drink coffee with grounds in the bottom of the cup.

Grandpa also drank his coffee strong. He made it strong and then let the basket with the grounds in it set in the percolator the rest of the day. As a results, buy the end of the day, when he poured his last cup the coffee could “walk on its own”. That’s how I learned to drink coffee strong and dark.

Now when I first started drinking coffee, Grandpa put cream and sugar in it because I was young and he didn’t think straight coffee was good for me, so he put cream and sugar in it, but I haven’t drink coffee that way (on a regular basis) in years. True sometimes when I go out to a coffee shop, like Starbucks, the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf, or Jitters, I order coffee with chocolate or mint or something else and then have them put whole milk in it, but that is on special occasions.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/474863-The-Coffee-Pot