*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475581-Bread
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#475581 added December 17, 2006 at 12:14am
Restrictions: None
Bread
6 Masa’il 163 B.E. – December 17, 2006

"Invalid Item "Invalid Entry

Give use this day our daily bread.
Luck 11:3


I could eat bread everyday, but not ordinary white bread. I prefer the more exotic types of bread. There is a German deli-restaurant in Las Vegas that serves two-colored bread. Part of the bread is dark and part is white. The taste is heavenly. When I go there I order the sausage platter, which has a variety of different sausages (not the breakfast type), the two-colored bread (I can’t remember the name of the bread at the moment), German potato salad, mustard, and beets. It’s my favorite dish when I go to that restaurant.

When we went to food-4-less the other day, we got a loaf of potato bread. I haven’t had potato bread in a long time. Normally when I buy bread I get a seven or eight grain bread, but this time I got there early enough in the day to get the potato bread. Stores don’t stock up on the potato bread and it goes quickly. This type of bread reminds me of the bread my grandmother made. It doesn’t taste like Grandma’s bread, but the texture is similar. Potato bread makes good sandwiches, you can use it for any kind of sandwich and it taste good. Some bread doesn’t work well with certain types of sandwich makings.

Take onion bagels for instance, they go fine with cream cheese and fish of any type, but they don’t taste good with jelly or jam. Also heating left over spaghetti up on top of pizza doesn’t taste good either. I like to experiment with food and sometimes the experiments don’t work out. I eat what I experiment with, not matter how bad or weird it taste, I mean there is no use in wasting food just because what sounded like a good idea wasn’t.

The type of bread I like best has jalapeños baked in it; of course, I normally don’t eat it with jelly. At least not grape jelly, jalapeño bread is good with strawberry preserves, but it’s even better with cactus jam. There is a bagel place here that makes jalapeño bagels, you go in and if you order a dozen bagels the give you an extra one so you get a real bakers dozen. The problem is choosing what I want. Besides jalapeño, they have chocolate chip and other exotic flavors. I love bagels; I like to fix a hamburger patty and take the bagel and make a sandwich. You cut the sandwich into four pieces and add a side of chips or salad.

© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/475581-Bread