*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477218-Strange-Days-Indeed
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #932855
Empty or full, shiny or a little in need of washing and sometimes just cracked!
#477218 added March 15, 2013 at 5:29am
Restrictions: None
Strange Days Indeed
There's been little to get excited about over Humbug, but than at my age that's par for the course most days. I think it's been the quietest, most subdued Humbug of my life but that was to be expected.

My stepdaughter decided to stay at home with her four-year-old twin boys, as is understandable when they don't want to be forced away from their new toys. Our wrinklies don't like being uprooted either and that's fine by us! We knew of course our son would not be with us this year, but didn't expect the circumstances we now find ourselves in as regards his future.

As it was just Darby and Joan this year we decided to eat out for a change. This is the first year in twenty-six I haven't cooked a Humbug dinner, but I can't say as I missed peeling all those sprouts or washing up. The meal out was pleasant enough, if a little bland by comparison to home cooking. We spent a leisurely evening with a bottle of port in front of the television, then I later lost a game of Scrabble against my Aussie online friend. *Pthb* Blame it on the port and lack of practice. A pretty uneventful day but that's something to be grateful for.

Today we've spoken to our son on the phone, visited my parents in (Fa) La La Land, taken our stepdog a walk around the reservoir and fed the ducks *Smile* so it's not been too painful. Stepdaughter and terrible twins have just arrived for tea so I better go be sociable. I hope you all had a wonderful Humbug and remember...

THERE ARE ONLY 364 SHOPPING DAYS TO CHRISTMAS *Laugh*

© Copyright 2013 Scarlett (UN: scarlett_o_h at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Scarlett has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477218-Strange-Days-Indeed