*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477265-Stressed-over-nothing
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#477265 added December 26, 2006 at 6:54pm
Restrictions: None
Stressed over nothing
L'aura del campo

EARLY WINTER: 15 Masa'il (26 December) 47º and sunny.

'é a lua, é a lua, na quintana dos mortos'
♣ Federico García Lorca ♣

I received a call from a dear WdC friend yesterday when I was pestering Robin, then managed to contact Cory that evening. Saw Janice in the morning (she gave me socks! My sisters would do that every year *Smirk*), had dinner with a bunch of people and spent time in the coffee shop when it opened at 3.

Not bad for a day when everything is closed, in a town where I have no family at a time of year when there is little to do outside. It was 40s but chilly due to a stiff breeze.

Here at WdC I read a whole bunch of blogs. Didn’t quite catch up, but almost. Even read a new blog or two (new to me of course) *Bigsmile*.

I caught up with writing in my journal and sent out a postcard as I usually do every week.

My stress level is high due to having procrastinated finishing an essay that is due. Even writing this entry is an effort to avoid that task. Writing essays is not my strong point. Now I figure out that the essay is not required. I’m just stressed out.

Just spent the last two hours fussing over that! It’s sunny outside and now I have this urge to get out and catch some rays.

Images from a couple days ago in the International Friendship Park:

Shirt sleeve weather, open coats, the scent of crushed sage; bright red berries of the firethorn; a rusty crane; mugho pines at rest; viburnum shedding leaves; open capsules on the tuliptree; blue sky and sun, the spruce in shade; the clack of the bamboo slats as I run my pen over them; the fountain off; rummaging among the peonies, one red bud.

Finished watching the movie "Farewell my Concubine".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Farewell,_My_Concubine

Based on the Chinese opera by that name, it is an interesting account of China during the mid 1900s from the time of the last dynasty, the Japanese occupation, the republic, the communist takeover, the cultural revolution. In the play the concubine commits suicide, in the movie the actor commits suicide in the same way. In real life, Leslie Cheung, the actor playing the concubine committed suicide.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leslie_Cheung

I also watched "The Rock" at Robin's yesterday. Interesting to me because the 'bad' guys aren't totally bad and the 'good' guys aren't totally good. Real life is more like that! Sean Connery had a sweet role. Think of agent 007 in jail for 30 years. Would you want to mess with him? Not.

Yay me! I just figured out how to transfer blog entries to my computer along with comments. When I figure out how to get them all on CD I'll start removing some of the earlier ones that no one read anyways *Smile*. If I can delete about 100 that will free up space for about 6 months. That would be very very good.

Next goal? Getting all 3,000 poetic sketches in files! That should be fun fun fun. *Smirk*

My tsunami poem from 2 years ago: "Speak soft my name

12,715 views

** Image ID #1134108 Unavailable **
 Kare *Leaf2* Enga

© Copyright 2006 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477265-Stressed-over-nothing