*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477407-2007-Approaches
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#477407 added December 27, 2006 at 5:14pm
Restrictions: None
2007 Approaches
16 Masa’il 163 B.E. - December 27, 2006

It’s the time of year when predictions are being made for the coming year. There was a time when I’d buy the rags that printed this type of stuff, but not any more. I stopped buying them when they started putting more celebrity gossip in the UFO alien stories. I’ve never been one for celebrity gossip, it doesn’t matter to me who’s marrying whom or who’s having whose baby. However, I’ve always enjoyed the weird and off-the-wall UFO who’s having a baby by an intelligence from another planet and stuff like that.

Anyway, I think it’s probably time for the psychics to make predictions for the coming year. While I am interested in what 2007 will hold, I’m more interested in what’s going to take place on a national and international level then in what’s going to take place in the personal lives of celebrities. I think that 2007 will be an intriguing and interesting year both nationally and internationally.

On December 31, I’m going to stay home. There will be a big New Years’ Party on the Las Vegas Strip, but I won’t be attending. I’m going to stay home and watch the festivities on T.V. 2007 is the anniversary of the ball dropping in New York. I think 1907 was when the custom started, so the coming year’s ceremony should be spectacular.

Then there’s the Las Vegas celebration and the news coverage of that, Channel 3 (the station I usually watch) will have anchors on the Strip. The Las Vegas show includes fireworks and a view of the crowd. What else will be covered I’m not sure, but Channel 3 always gets an Emmy for their New Year’s coverage. This year there won’t be a implosion of a hotel-casino, so the fireworks will be the spectacular.

On New Year’s Day 2007, I plan to follow a tradition I grew up with in Oklahoma. I’m going to eat black-eyed peas. My recipe is somewhat different from my Grandmother’s recipe. When Grandma made black-eyed peas she used either pigs feet or ham hocks. I’ll use one or the other, however, I add jalapeños to my recipe.


© Copyright 2006 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/477407-2007-Approaches