*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481342
Rated: 13+ · Book · Sci-fi · #1202586
A problematic teenage girl is hurled into a world that no average human is aware of.
#481342 added January 14, 2007 at 7:14pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 9
         I had not said a word to my mother as I skulked around the house quietly until I had decided to once again leave.  Pocketing my cell phone and making sure that I had cigarettes, I left.  Arriving at the normal hangout spot on the long empty road, I sat quietly, thinking.  I rubbed my head as I was deep in thought.  I was really on edge, but I had zoned out.  A twig snapped behind me and a footstep could be heard.  I spun around quickly and grabbed a hold of something, lifting with all of my strength.  When I regained focus, I had Punk by the shirt collar, held far enough in the air for her feet to be suspended from the ground.  That level of strength was astounding, but that was not what was on my mind.  I set her down and backed away apologizing several times.  I stood in the corner of the structure and pulled out a cigarette.  I lit it with a trembling hand and proceeded to take long, paced drags.
“Angel…?”  She said placing her hand on my shoulder and pulling hard enough for me to face her.  A look of confusion and shock played across her face.  “Angel, what in the hell happened to you?”  She was referring to the fact that I looked half-dead and now had a set of razor sharp canines.  I looked down and shrugged my shoulders.  “Angel, answer me!”
“I don’t know! OK?  I just…don’t know.”  I had sounded angry, when that was not my intention.  I apologized and backed away once again.  She moved towards me.
“Don’t…” I said quietly, softly.  “Look, I will call you in a few days.  I think I may be leaving for a while, I don’t know where to, or for how long.”  She looked at me with pleading eyes and my heart sank.  I turned to walk away, then looked back to see her sad face.  I stopped, walked back to her, and smiled.  I leaned in and placed a kiss on her warm lips, then turn and ran off, leaving her standing there by herself.  What was going on with me?  All sorts of questions flooded my mind, and I needed answers.  I was off in search of them.  Though I resented Tara for turning me into this, I had felt as if I needed her, longed for her.
© Copyright 2007 K.L.Jones (UN: shades_of_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
K.L.Jones has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/481342