*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482179-Whats-Up
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#482179 added January 19, 2007 at 12:21am
Restrictions: None
What's Up?
When we used to ask my dad what was up, he'd say, "The sky." When we asked what was new, "New Jersey." As a young man he wasn't that feisty. I think it was living with my mom for so many years that made him come out of his shell. He had to. *Smile* I have stolen those answers myself and use them quite frequently.

Yes, the sky is what's up today. There is actually sunshine. It's cold, but we're really blessed compared to so many parts of the country experiencing those ice storms.

Hubby, Incurable Romantic , went to the doctor's office yesterday about his blood pressure. At home, his readings had been higher than the doc wanted. Ten of the fourteen readings that I saw in the blood pressure cuff memory were higher than the doc wanted. But, naturally, when he went to the doc's office, his blood pressure reading was quite normal. Isn't that the way things happen? So...the doc wants him to take readings for two weeks, then to check some of the retail locations that have blood pressure machines to see how his monitor compares with those readings, just to make sure his gadget isn't giving false readings. (I doubt that it is, since I've used it twice and came up with numbers that were my normal 119/77 and 118/78.)

No news on Piewacket's blood tests. And, yes, we still have to get stool samples from both Pie and Opera. Perhaps with hubby and I both here this weekend, we can watch the potty habbits of both cats and catch them right after they exit the litterbox. Like we have nothing better to do than stake out the litterbox???

We did finally get the Christmas tree down last night. I had attempted getting it down over the past few weeks, but Opera always wanted to participate. She was sacked out on our bed and we worked quickly to get the ornaments and lights off the tree. She didn't wake up until Jim was trying to sweep the floor where the tree had been. Of course, Opera thought it was a new game. *Smile* At least he got to see what I had been going through.

I'm really not used to having to plan my day around when the cats are sleeping. Doing any cleaning with the young kitty awake and playful is tiring. And I really don't need any help being tired!

I can't believe it's Thursday. I must really be getting old. The weeks just seem to fly by anymore.

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/482179-Whats-Up