*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483053-Smidgens-of-Me
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#483053 added January 22, 2007 at 11:59pm
Restrictions: None
Smidgens of Me
Let's see...

Tiffany's mom called at 8 a.m. yesterday and woke Jim. Normally Jim takes Tiff home on Sunday afternoons on the weekends she stays with us. Her mom was concerned that with the snow - which was still falling at that time - Tiff might get stuck here with us if the roads were bad enough. So hubby took Tiff home before the snow could become a bigger problem. Then we went to church.

Our pastor started a new sermon series to go along with the lessons our small groups will be studying. The series is about evengelism - called "Just Walk Across the Room." Basically, the idea is that we don't all have to be evangelists. We just have to be ready to go where the Spirit leads - to talk with people about everyday things and be friendly.

The snow did stop and my small group leader called at 5 p.m. to say that we would be having our small group at 7 p.m. That was fun - and educational. Small groups are much more intimate than church services. The group I decided to attend is a woman's group. I do need to be in the company of women sometimes. I had no idea that one woman was a doctor, another a social worker. At church, we all wear name badges, but not anything that indicates our occupations or vocations. *Smile*

***********

Today, I did a little shopping. I went to the dollar store first, intending to spend $20. Sure enough, I spent $19.37. Then off to the grocery store. I knew what I wanted to buy and I figured on spending about $63 dollars. I had a bit more than that, but that was my goal. When everything was totaled, my bill was $62.83. Not bad, huh?

Actually, there were a few things I wanted to get that just weren't on the shelves. And I got a few things in place of the ones I really wanted.

On my way out, though, I stopped at the customer service desk to request that they restock some of the things I wanted. Like cappuccino - English toffee flavored. Yummmmmy. And some Kashi cookies (I have about six coupons for free boxes. Might as well try them. And the store does carry Kashi crackers.) And Godiva white chocolate raspberry ice cream.

There was something else I wanted to request, but of course it eluded me as I stood at the customer service desk.

At home as I was putting away the groceries, I remembered that other elusive item. I found a pen so I could write a note to myslef, but as I had the pen poised over the page ready to write, whatever it was up and left my mind. Grrr.

I finally did remember. Thomas (or it Thompson?) Bagel Squares (Bagle Bread) - with everything on top. Have you tried that? Making a bagle sandwich is fun...with this new bagle bread.

I did write it down. Now I just have to remember to take the note with me the next time I'm going to the grocery store. Sure. I can do that...

© Copyright 2007 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/483053-Smidgens-of-Me