*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486119-Red-Skies
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#486119 added February 6, 2007 at 11:54am
Restrictions: None
Red Skies
19 Sultan 163 B.E. – Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Red skies at morning sailors take warning,
Red skies at night sailors’ delight.
Nautical Saying


Morning and evening the skies have been red both morning and evening. It hasn’t rained, the skies have just been red. They start out as pastel pink then deepen to blood colored. It’s been very beautiful.

Of course, there aren’t a lot of sailors in this area unless they are retired or on leave, so they don’t have to worry about the color of the evening or morning sky. There is the Lake Mead Recreational area, but the color of the sky isn’t all that important there. Beside Lake Mead could use a bit of rain. They had to move one of the marinas because of the low water level. I don’t think any more will be moved, because they moved the other last year for the same reason.

Rain doesn’t affect the water level at the Lake anyway. Snow pack is more important for when considering the raise in water level. It did snow a little, but the snow pack is not deep and won’t affect the level of the water at Lake Mead. We’re going through a drought cycle now. It isn’t that we’re getting no rain or snow, we’re just not getting enough.

Rust colored mornings,
Ease the boredom of waking
Dawn scatters its joy.

Sun caresses clouds,
Kisses the firmament blue,
I step onto the cold tile
Expressing my gratitude
Singing light's praises.


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486119-Red-Skies