*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486387-The-Aeon-Hand
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#486387 added February 7, 2007 at 3:44pm
Restrictions: None
The Aeon Hand

ridinghood is croning!

Today is a day off. I have been lucky enough to find a job that allows me to work Mon.Tues. off Wed. work Thurs.Fri. and off week-ends. I still have to work most holidays, though, but this comes pretty close to a perfect schedule.

I was recently asked to apply for the Program Director position here--which I did. I didn't get the position, and though the promotion would have been good financially, I had major trepidations about the job. It would have meant in addition to the regular 9-5 hours, being on call 24/7 Mon. through Fri.
and alternating week-ends. Not to mention the sheer level of responsibility in caring for 70 elderly residents with dementia.


Sometimes the BIG JOB isn't worth it on a personal level. My husband was sure we would "never have any fun anymore" and I was wondering when I would ever find time to write. Our time, at least in this dimension, is finite, and choices need to be made.

So today, I get to do errands and cook. The house is full of the smells of rising bread dough and sausage and peppers. I'm making sausage bread to take to friends we will be visiting this week-end in Spring Hill, Florida.

After several days of grey, wet weather, the skies have cleared to an impossible blue and high wispy clouds. Life is rarely this good and sweet and I am filed with gratitude for all my blessings and these simple pleasures.

I pulled today's card from The Haindltarot deck ---the AEON---often referred to as the Judgement Card in other decks.

An Aeon represents a period of time of a billion years and speaks to the ability to make good judgements and to differentiate clearly. Sometimes to do that though you need a really long lens of time....

When I apply future judgement I'll check my metaphysical clock...the one that has a minute hand, a millenium hand, and an aeon hand.....






© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486387-The-Aeon-Hand