*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486666-Strange-ideas-increase
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1211684
My blog--I pull a card--if it doesn't speak to me...perhaps it is for you?
#486666 added February 8, 2007 at 7:32pm
Restrictions: None
Strange ideas increase...

signature made by Jem

*Balloon1* *Balloon2* *Balloon3* *Balloon4*

Well I can only hope the strange ideas increase and that they can be transformed into something tangible...a story, a poem, collage.

I pulled the 9 of Swords from the Children's Tarot...the tarot for participating in the fairy tale of life....and the divinatory meaning is that Strange ideas increase....

I'm listening to an Alice Hoffman novel on CD during drive-time to and from work...she's such a quirky novelist...certainly being inspired with strange ideas...

people with wings

talking stones

The 9 of swords isn't generally considered an auspicious card...swords do represent the element of air, and hence, our thoughts. I'll take all the strangeness the universe has to offer....some J.K. Rowling strange, Frank Herbert strange, strange be good.


Today is the birthday of Elizabeth Bishop, one of my favorite poets. Her work is so astonishingly crafted...I'm always bemused and amazed at reading her work. She published only 101 poems in her lifetime, but each is a polished jewel. I just recently learned that she grew up in Nova Scotia. My husband and I are dreaming of a pilgrimage there possibly next year. My father-in-law, who recently died was born and raised in Nova Scotia and it would be a way to honor his life.
And ever since reading Anne of GreenGables I've always wanted to visit Prince Edward Island. Now I have another reason to visit...

A link for Elizabeth Bishop

http://www.english.uiuc.edu/maps/poets/a_f/bishop/bishop.htm






© Copyright 2007 ridinghhood-p.boutilier (UN: ridinghhood at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
ridinghhood-p.boutilier has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/486666-Strange-ideas-increase