*Magnify*
    June     ►
SMTWTFS
      
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487628-Jumping-into-the-Void
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #562186
Each snowflake, like each human being is unique.
#487628 added February 12, 2007 at 11:10pm
Restrictions: None
Jumping into the Void
Response to "Invalid Entry by Unicorn for "Invalid Item"   by A Guest Visitor

I stepped out of the airlock and into the vastness of interstellar space. Looking down at my naked body, I watched as ice crystals form between the goose bumps rising on my breast. The crystals fused into a rainbow exoskeleton covering my entire body. I took a deep breath, feeling the various atoms present in the surrounding void merge into breathable oxygen and fill my lungs.

Pushing myself from the ship, I focused on the blueness of the planet below. I could feel the terror of the millions, of the billions of creatures on its surface and in its oceans, but I couldn’t determine the reason for their terror. Then I saw the missiles, rising from the surface of the planet. Missiles aimed … aimed at what, not at the belly of my ship or the others in the armada. The weapons turned downward toward targets on the planet itself.

I reached out with my mind, attempting to detect the type of missiles falling toward the planet’s surface, but something in the missiles construction prevented me from determining the warheads.

“They are atomic, Love,” a voice reverberated through my mind. “The inhabitants are committing mass suicide.”

“We have to stop them,” I thought moving away from the ship and toward the airless natural satellite orbiting the planet.

“We will, My Sweet,” the reply came. From each of the nine hundred ships encircling the planet a lavender ray emerged, targeting one of the missiles. As the rays struck the weapons, the missiles disappeared from the planet’s atmosphere. Turning my head, I watched as the missiles reappeared above the gas giant orbiting the outer edge of this planetary system.


© Copyright 2007 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/487628-Jumping-into-the-Void