*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488197-An-Uncertain-Kind-of-Day
Rated: 18+ · Book · Emotional · #954458
Bare and uncensored personal expression. Beware!!!
#488197 added February 15, 2007 at 5:54am
Restrictions: None
An Uncertain Kind of Day
Don't you hate those days that are all ups and downs with very few stable moments in between? Today was one of those days. I took my eldest to school and had walked around to my mothers to exercise. She wasn't home but it didn't matter because the minute I let myself in my mobile rang. The school calling to tell me my daughter had been sick. Of course I turned around and walked the thirty minutes back there then pushed both kids home in the pram. Great for my arm muscles I tell ya. *Smile*

That lead to two kids camped out on the couch again today and let me wondering what to do with myself. Normally I'd do an hours workout which would inspire me to make the most of the rest of my day. Without that boost I found myself floundering and uncertain. In the end I went and had a nap with my kids then did a little reading.

The power went out about mid afternoon. No idea why but when it didn't come right back I enquired and found out it would be gone for about two hours. It's strange to be home with nothing electrical going. Thankfully it was day time so we didn't need to worry about lights. But I'm used to hearing the washing machine running or the dish washer shishing. I'm used to hearing one or both of the computers humming. I'm used to one or the other of the kids playing some DVD on the TV even if they're not actually watching it. The silence was strange and it left me wondering even more so what to do with myself today.

I'd been wallowing in a kind of pathetic melancholy mood all day. It's still not completely lifted but these days happen and I know tomorrow is another day. Plans are on to exercise tomorrow which should help raise those endorphins and thus my mood. Who knows what tomorrow brings really. It's always a mystery and in that way it keeps life interesting. It gives us the opportunity to make every day remarkable. In a way today was remarkable. It was a simple, underwhelming kind of remarkable. But it's a step toward a truly magical possibility.

Tomorrow will be another step. And I guess every day will be another. All we really can do is keep stepping forward. No point driving off a peir is there. Just step forward, and face whatever the future holds with hope, and faith.

© Copyright 2007 Rebecca Laffar-Smith (UN: rklaffarsmith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Rebecca Laffar-Smith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/488197-An-Uncertain-Kind-of-Day