*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490485-Just-a-quickie
Rated: GC · Book · Personal · #1051691
It's about adventure! Life, Scouting, Family, writing what else is there?
#490485 added February 25, 2007 at 10:48am
Restrictions: None
Just a quickie...
Wanted to drop by and leave a pic from Disneyland I've been wanting to put up. I like the picture in general, but I'm disappointed about the reflection of the flash. Sigh...

The Burkharts at Disneyland


Anyway, when we took Brent to lunch I found the correct spelling of the restaurant is Buca di Beppo. Go figure. I would have never realized! Joseph was a sweet boy. We managed to prop him up between the booth and the table and he was able to sit up and look at all of us. *Smile*

Lunch was pizza, spaghetti, and pork with roasted veggies. Let's just say it was a bad day for Weight Watchers, so I strived to eat what I thought was a portion, trying not to overdo it. In that regard, I thought I did well.

I got Brent a pair of Oakley's from Sunglasses Hut and he liked them. Then we went home and cut cake. hehe. Andrew was really excited about his Daddy's birthday and that tickled me pink. hehe. First chance I get, I'll look at the birthday pics.

I think I might need a new printer. It's hard to clean and the color cartridges are funking out and they're only 1/2 used up. I dunno - I guess it's to be expected considering how cheap the thing was - $80.00 bucks I think.

I've been a Tudor Kick lately. A girl from work gave me a copy of an audio book called THE BOYELN INTERHERTANCE. I loved it. Listened to it in the car. While I was never too much into Henry 8th's later wives. It was interesting to hear how Anne of Cleaves managed to get away with her head. I felt sorry for Katherine Howard though. I mean, she was so young - 16 and having sex with Henry who was in his early 50's. Ewewe. She never got pregnant by him. She was actually faithful for awhile before she committed adultery - and I have to say I can't blame her. Having sex with a king who was fat, ugly, lame, and had a pussy, smelly leg that never healed would have worn down my psyche, too.

Then I picked up the HBO movie, Elizabeth I. Helen Mirren plays Elizabeth and I have to say Mirren is a FABULOUS actress. She really brought Elizabeth to life. I hope she does win an academy award tonight. She's certainly deserving.

Any thoughts on the movies or actresses/actors nominated?
Steph




© Copyright 2007 StephBee - GOT Survivor (UN: sgcardin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
StephBee - GOT Survivor has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/490485-Just-a-quickie