*Magnify*
    May     ►
SMTWTFS
   
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493161-What-I-want
Rated: 13+ · Book · Personal · #982524
Online journal capturing the moment and the memory of moments. A meadow meditation.
#493161 added March 7, 2007 at 1:11pm
Restrictions: None
What I want.
L'aura del campo

DEATH of WINTER: 6 'Ala (7 March) 42º, cool and sunny.


'é a lua, é a lua, na quintana dos mortos'
♣ Federico García Lorca ♣

What I want

I want to call a friend. Invite myself over. Snuggle in front of a fireplace and watch the storm. Hot cocoa or coffee will do. Hell, tea will do.

I want to pick up the phone and listen to laughter. My chest becalmed with the stillness of my breath, capture a moment before it must be exhaled.

I want to make a poem of that essence distilled from what never was and may never come to past. I want to live the dreams that make love last.

But I don't and I won't until the first day of Spring. I have always known how to gaze from afar. And patience is a virtue I'd like to strangle.

Spearing the apricot

Now aim!
Now pierce the fuzz.
Now thrust your short hard shaft
to rest against the fruit, the nut,
the heart. [163.596a]

And they call the wind Mariah

Kansas.
What is given
with sunshine and raindrops
is taken by lightning, hail, wind
and fire. [163.596b]

I created a monster! I inspired a hockey player to write!

Actually ... Chris Beard IS a young writer with no help from me, but he wrote 3 hockey cinquains after I showed him mine (You show me yours; I show you mine?) Anywho ... he can be found at Xanga along with some other poems:

http://www.xanga.com/nameisdenvermax

This is one of his 3 hockey cinquains:

L, 6-3

Final
Unimportant
Score (one for believers)
Of “leave your heart on the ice, boys.”
Leave red.

© Chris Beard

Prayer

Thy name is my healing, O my God, and remembrance of Thee is my remedy. Nearness to Thee is my hope, and love for Thee is my companion. Thy mercy to me is my healing and my succor in both this world and the world to come. Thou, verily, art the All-Bountiful, the All-Knowing, the All-Wise.

~ Bahá’u’lláh


Me, my friends and my family

The free floating anxiety and depression have risen to flood level. I'm slowly drowning.

Tuesday ... did get up and out early. Went to meeting at city hall that actually seemed positive this time. Went to eat. Got letter from Aunt Dot with a present. Went to Aimée's for coffee and wrote a friend a postcard. Even mailed it later. Walked to the store to buy a couple steaks on sale, Snickers and some Lorna Doones and Fig Newtons to put in my backpack for munchies for those times when I have no access to food.

Wednesday ... cleaning up my blog? I woke up early wondering who had turned the lights on. Very sunny today. But I slept in late. Yesterday was a very long day. Today I have a class that goes to 9 p.m.

IMAGES and RAMBLINGS

White and yellow star-like crocuses; men raking clean the underbrush of a hillside; first clover leaves; henbit huddled; woman (Filipina?) sitting on the porch swing; raggedy pansies.

WATT'S GNU!

Who stole my crust? Now we find out that a chunk of the Earth's mantle is exposed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070306/ap_on_sc/seabed_expedition

I'm appalled. I've had to fight ruptures all my life and always thought of acne as mini-volcanoes. Even an abcess flowed like lava when it found a way out. Now I find out that the Earth is missing its skin, just like a bad scrap to the shin. And it is green and dense, not bloody red.

Now who coulda dunnit? What alien race has abducted our crust? Who will we bomb to pay for the insult?

The weather is warming; 60 something on Tuesday. But, only 5º at my mother's place. Nasty blowing bitter cold. Colder here today, Wednesday, but the week is full of 60s and 70s to come. I have many friends and family members still encased in ice.

*Reading* READING *Reading*

Finished a romance by Betty Neels, The End of the Rainbow. Started Haruki Murakami's Kafka on the shore.

I went to the poetry reading by Tod Marshall; I've read parts of his book Dare Say.

BLOGVILLE

Rainbowapple has a beautiful entry "Invalid Entry on Vincent van Gogh and that song of wonderment by McLean.

She also speaks of 'support networks' which immediately made me think of the 'wonderbra' advertisements. *Rolleyes*

partyof5dj mentions glissading! Now, I've done it, but didn't know the word for it! You've probably done it too. But now that I know, I won't tell you. Go to "Invalid Entry to find out.

In the Land of Oz, Rebecca Laffar-Smith speaks on many things in her blog "Mental Meanderings [18+]: 'pike out', 'kids at maximum wattage', etc. Makes me wonder whether we speak the same lingo. For a nice bite of her blog: "Beware the Rant Mode Activation Buttons!!! is some advice on making your writing look polished and some tips on reviewing.

Quote

Perhaps all the dragons in our lives are but princesses that are waiting to see us act just once with beauty and courage. Perhaps everything terrible is in its deepest essence, something helpless that needs our love.

~ Rainer Maria Rilke

16,096 views

** Image ID #1134108 Unavailable **
 Kåre *Gift3* Enga

~ until everything was rainbow, rainbow, rainbow!
And I let the fish go. ~ Elizabeth Bishop, The Fish

© Copyright 2007 Kåre Enga in Montana (UN: enga at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kåre Enga in Montana has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/493161-What-I-want